High altitude carb setting WR400, 2000? chart?

1 reply to this topic
  • joecallan

Posted August 04, 2005 - 12:13 PM

I'm new to carb stuff. I've been researching it for a few days now. I think I have a feel for it book wise. :eek:

My question: What should I change from STOCK and sea level to 8000feet in the Sierra National Park, CA? I couldn't find a chart for this bike and particular carb.

Some definitions I don't understand completely :D :

Hard Breathing?

Zingy?

Poppy?

Cutting out vs. Bogging out?

Crackling vs. Shuttering/rattling?

Yamaha WR400 year 2000

It has all stock settings:

Model: FCR Keihin
Main jet: 165
Pilot Jet: 42
Fuel screw (turns out): pilot screw 1-5/8
Needle/Clip position: 3rd
Airbox lid (on or off): off
Pipe: stock
Altitude where you ride:sea level, but taking trip to Sierra National Park 8000 ft +
Temperature where you ride: 75 degrees
Are you happy with your current configuration: Its okay at sea level now, just cuts out at the first part of the throttle and back fires some when I let off of 3/4+ throttle. I just want it to be okay for the Forest when I go 8000+ feet - no fouling plugs or lame stuff.

:D THANK YOU FOR THE HELP IN ADVANCE! The people in this forum are AMAZING! :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drewpeacock

Posted August 04, 2005 - 01:54 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=230021
Lots of good info in here. :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.