Blown Engine?? Need help

2 replies to this topic
  • agr

Posted August 04, 2005 - 02:43 AM

Hi guys,

I just bought a WR450 '04 took her out for a spin and the decomp plug blew out. I noticed it immediately and stopped. I fixed that (checked the oil) and later went for another ride, after about 60 miles I heard a strange sound and then "pop" the engine shuts down. Now the kickstarter doesn´t move but the rear wheel isn´t stuck.

Any ideas what the problem might be??? And what I could do???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gregwr450f

Posted August 04, 2005 - 02:54 AM

I have no idea, but hang around for a while and someone will come up with an answer........Indy, calling Indy.

• StreetbikePimp

Posted August 04, 2005 - 09:52 AM

Take the plastic plug off of the left side of your motor and you'll see a 17 mm nut on the end of the shaft. Put a socket wrench on there and see if you can turn the motor over.

If not, then something crashed.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.