accelerator pump Edelbrock

2 replies to this topic
  • pbusanga

Posted August 04, 2005 - 01:16 AM

hi the accelerator pump screw on the Edelbrock touches the powerbomb portion of the header pipe on my FMF exhaust. the only way i can see to remedy this is to file the larger knurled part of screw to the diameter of the rest of the screw thus making it thinner, it should then just clear the top of the powerbomb section of the exhaust. as i have never opened the Edelbrock carb and dont have a schematic for it i need to know if it is possible to unscrew the AP all the way out in order to grind it.

has anyone else had this problem

thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted August 04, 2005 - 05:22 AM

Yes, I did the same exact thing.......... :D

• qadsan

Posted August 04, 2005 - 08:18 AM

This has been talked about before (FMF Power Bobm + Edelbrock). Some people have slightly indented the bomb portioon of the header where its making contact and FMF has said this will not make any difference in the performance of their header. You can also twist the Edelbrock so it's sitting slightly canted and it should still work fine. Filing the screw as you mentioned is another option.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.