Rekluse install

8 replies to this topic
  • wr429j

Posted August 03, 2005 - 10:18 PM

I'm installing the rekluse on my 05 wr450, I am also adding the perch adjuster and rear brake relocated to the handlebar.
Clutch installed O.K., I had to swap 2 of the new plates out for 2 stock plates to get the gap to average .030, swapping only 1 new plate I was at .045. Gap should be from .030/.042 per directions. (on line directions from rekluse differ .030/.037, I'll be calling them to see whats up there!)

Main problem now is getting the perch adjuster to work with the new clutch/brake lever combo they provided. Certainly can't make it look like the pictures. The stock cable adjusters won't allow the rekluse perch adjuster enough room, when cable is routed into lever there is no slack.

I'm calling rekluse to see what's up here! I wonder if they have put this on an 05 wr ???

Have any other tt'ers put this combo on their 05 wr's? and did you have problems??

I hate when these problems arise, this setup was mucho $$$$$ and I kind of expect it to be bolt on unless otherwise specified, which it was not. :D

• JeffWR

Posted August 04, 2005 - 03:48 AM

wr429j,
I have the same setup. Ditto on the install gap. Mine was okay on the perch adjuster, check instructions again or call rekluse. You'll love it, especially the handlebar mounted brake, if you do mostly woods riding.

• hotthrottle613

Posted August 18, 2005 - 07:33 AM

wr429j,
I have the same setup. Ditto on the install gap. Mine was okay on the perch adjuster, check instructions again or call rekluse. You'll love it, especially the handlebar mounted brake, if you do mostly woods riding.

I just got my Rekluse clutch and will be installing it today. I was told the perch adjuster was not necessary with the brake lever so I didn't get it. Should I have? Also, how do you like the clutch?

• bigdrtrdr

Posted August 18, 2005 - 03:37 PM

I have an 01 WR426 with the Rekluse auto and the bar mount lever "not the brake" and one thing to keep in mind.
The bar mounted clutch lever when pulled in keeps the clutch from engaging.
The clutch actuator arm on the motor is in the oppisite position than stock. the clutch lever feals like its doing nothing until the motor revs up. Its kinda wierd but it works.
I will be buying the brake kit soon as I found Recluses weakness.
Stopping the bike on a steep gnarly rutted out hill and trying to muscle the bike around without the back tire locked up in gear is a real bitch.
Eric

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nels curnow

Posted August 19, 2005 - 09:59 AM

I ride both a YZ & Wr 450 both 2004 models. I love the Rekluse so much I put it on both. I ride woods and track and have adjusted to the left hand rear brake on both bikes. It's great to never stall either bike ever!!!

I also found the discrepancies in the install gap but quickly worked it out, the perch adjuster is a convince feature I enjoy. The Rekluse product has made me so much faster and more confident in the really tech stuff, it's great.

I would guess I have @ 100 hrs on each bike with out any problems. Highly recommended investment.

• wr429j

Posted August 19, 2005 - 09:54 PM

I have ridden once with my rekluse, so far I'm really happy.
The rear brake on the handlebar is excellent, my rear braking with my foot was really weak and ineffective, now I can ride in so much deeper with confidence.
I still need to fiddle with the perch adjuster, try the soft spring etc.
One thing I am not sure of is when in gear at idle, I feel a slight surgeing in the clutch, but performance is great otherwise. Is this normal????
I am going to take the clutch apart and inspect everthing and recheck the gap, it was a tight .032 at assy, may switch plates and try to loosen it up a few thousandths. Maybe that will help with the surging??

With the clutch lever/rear brake combo I think the way the perch adjuster meets the clutch lever housing could be better, it doesn't seem like a "positive fit" but seems to work ok.

Still tweaking on it and thrilled to have the set-up.

:D :D :D

• bigdrtrdr

Posted August 20, 2005 - 06:42 AM

Also check your idle speed, If its to high it can creep in gear.
One other note, If you installed new clutch plates, put a few miles more on before rechecking gap as they will break in and increase the gap on there own.
I have about a 1000 miles on mine with the original clutch plates that had almost 4000 miles on them and have not had to adjust anything.
Eric

• byggd

Posted August 20, 2005 - 07:08 AM

I have ridden once with my rekluse, so far I'm really happy.
The rear brake on the handlebar is excellent, my rear braking with my foot was really weak and ineffective, now I can ride in so much deeper with confidence.
I still need to fiddle with the perch adjuster, try the soft spring etc.
One thing I am not sure of is when in gear at idle, I feel a slight surgeing in the clutch, but performance is great otherwise. Is this normal????
I am going to take the clutch apart and inspect everthing and recheck the gap, it was a tight .032 at assy, may switch plates and try to loosen it up a few thousandths. Maybe that will help with the surging??

With the clutch lever/rear brake combo I think the way the perch adjuster meets the clutch lever housing could be better, it doesn't seem like a "positive fit" but seems to work ok.

Still tweaking on it and thrilled to have the set-up.

:D :D :D

My bike had that same surging feeling at first too, but it went away after the first couple rides. I was able to make it stop my pulling in the clutch lever and releasing it.

• Desracer

Posted August 21, 2005 - 10:48 PM

Rekulse sells a longer clutch cable to solve the problem. I removed the adjuster to get more cable slack. The cable has adjusters in it so I use them.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.