Russel stainless braided lines. for 650l

9 replies to this topic
  • zackm58941

Posted August 03, 2005 - 08:08 PM

Hi, Im looking at a set of Russel braided lines for my 04 650l and I was wondering if anyone who has them can tell me if they are the stock length and how happy are you with them? Theres an ebay auction for 89$ for front and rear new so just curious.

• sportbiker929

Posted August 04, 2005 - 06:07 AM

89 for both/ Thats an excellent deal. They are the best brake mod for the money!!

• roadcam

Posted August 04, 2005 - 07:09 AM

I used to take my hoses to a company here in CA, called C.I.R. (Cal. Industrial Rubber, in several cities) ... and have my stainless-wrapped hoses made up for VERY little money (tell them 'wink-wink' it will be for a hydraulic clutch, as they spook from the brake-liability issue) don't worry, they are as safe and flawless, and high-quality, as any others you can buy ... most every city has these type of hydraulic-hose-and-fittings shops ... look around and save BIG bucks ... :D

• zackm58941

Posted August 04, 2005 - 08:09 PM

are the russel lines the same length as the stockers? Thanks!!

• sportbiker929

Posted August 05, 2005 - 06:53 AM

should be

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Captain Midnight

Posted August 09, 2005 - 11:01 PM

Minimal improvement, but the front is still worth it.

• zackm58941

Posted August 20, 2005 - 05:41 AM

I just got them on the bike yesterday and I can say it was the best money spent!!! No bsin' anyone, the bike will now lock the front wheel up and yes you can do stoppies. The rear brake I thought wasnt gonna improve much but think again. It is just like my motocross bike's brake now, firm pedal and when you wanna stop you will! I recommend anyone to buy these lines, they are great fit and good quality! Just my 2 cents.

• sportbiker929

Posted August 20, 2005 - 05:49 PM

told ya

• superflymx

Posted August 21, 2005 - 05:58 AM

The ones on EBay will rust up on you I know I bought them for my 94 XR650l they are junk. The person selling them does not have them on hand eather he orders them I took me 4 weeks to get them.Just giving you a heads up.

• zackm58941

Posted August 21, 2005 - 07:26 AM

Well idk about the rusting yet... The lines are plastic coated but that doesnt mean bullet proof so we'll see on that one. They look like a decent line and I dont ride in the salt so that always helps. I got mine in two weeks time and I figured they were coming straight from Edelbrock.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.