teraflex tire?

9 replies to this topic
  • 426boy

Posted August 03, 2005 - 02:21 PM

hey guys i was looking at the teraflex tire and thinking about getting one for my 426 but i was wondering if any of u guys run them and wat u think of them i just want a tire that will last longer than 2 rides. i ride hardpack trails,logging roads,and stuff of that nature i dont race or ride tracks so if any of u guys have any comments or sugestions that would be great thanks
:D

• clark4131

Posted August 03, 2005 - 03:30 PM

Do a search. Some guys were talking about them a few months back...SC

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 03, 2005 - 08:40 PM

I have four rides on mine and its looking thrashed. I am terribly dissapointed in it. I was all happy to get one of the 'old style' ones, and its not all I was hoping for. Going back to the M5B next.

• SheBeast

Posted August 03, 2005 - 08:45 PM

I have four rides on mine and its looking thrashed. I am terribly dissapointed in it. I was all happy to get one of the 'old style' ones, and its not all I was hoping for. Going back to the M5B next.

Was it made in China by Cheng Shin? :D

• Johnny34

Posted August 03, 2005 - 08:57 PM

Two of the guys I ride with use a Teraflex. One is CR500 geared down for trail riding and crazy hill climbing. It's an awesome combo if you can handle the power of that bike. The other is a KTM 300 EXC. The bike can climb like crazy now through the forrest but my buddy thinks it's too much tire for the bike. He's gonna go with the smaller T-flex next time. My WR450 still rides on the stock Dunlops and are wearing down quickly. I'm torn between buying the smaller T-flex or getting an IT tire from Maxxis or Michelin.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 03, 2005 - 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_n_blue_thumper

Was it made in China by Cheng Shin?

No, it is one of the Made In USA ones, 140/80. I tried to sell it to a guy tonight, and he wouldnt believe me it only had 4 rides on it. He did say he only runs about 6-8 psi in his though. Maybe I will let some air out of her.

• 426boy

Posted August 05, 2005 - 06:44 PM

thanks i still dont no if i want to try one though, some guys say that the hate them and there crap and others say that they love them then theres all the usa china crap i think i might be beter off with a maxxis or something thanks for the replys

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 05, 2005 - 06:47 PM

Yeah, I know its tuff to sort out. Everyone has there own opinions/experiences. I kinda feel like the odd one, not liking the Terraflex. Most guys love them, ALOT. Thats usually how shizit works for me :D . Do the opposite of my dumb azz and youll be fine :D :D .

• Vibeguy

Posted August 06, 2005 - 08:55 AM

I looked into getting a Terraflex but decided to use the Maxxis IT. I don't think you can beat the price, reliability (wear) and availability. The only drawback I've found is that it seems to be heavier than most tires which isn't a problem for trails.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 06, 2005 - 07:31 PM

The only drawback I've found is that it seems to be heavier than most tires which isn't a problem for trails.

I am quite sure it is not the whopping 19.5 lbs that the TerraFlex 140/80 is. :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.