got it ca plated

14 replies to this topic
  • moach1

Posted August 03, 2005 - 01:29 PM

thanks to dale at trick dual sport. i bought his kit and he totally hooked me. let me know exactly what i needed. went down had chp fill out vin form, went to dmv and walked out with a plate. it was a lot easier than i thought it would be. dales kit is very nice. couldn't have done it with out him.

• hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted August 03, 2005 - 01:32 PM

congrats! im considering the kit myself, but have been hesitant, due to it might not pass. whats the process that should be taken to get-er-dun.

• moach1

Posted August 03, 2005 - 02:11 PM

helps if you know someone in law enforcement!! its mostly all paper work. dale can get you the forms, if you buy the kit. you have to title it as on road, not dual sport.

• The_Blue_One

Posted August 03, 2005 - 02:21 PM

helps if you know someone in law enforcement!! its mostly all paper work. dale can get you the forms, if you buy the kit. you have to title it as on road, not dual sport.

So you had to give up your green sticker? Did you use the special construction clause?

• moach1

Posted August 03, 2005 - 03:00 PM

no i didn't go with the special constrution. she said i have to surrender the green sticker, but i still have it. not a big deal, i heard there is a way to get the green sticker back. not too worried about it.

• byggd

Posted August 03, 2005 - 03:29 PM

Congrats Moach1! I'd try it with my 02 426 but it has a c or a 3 as the eighth didget in the VIN so no chance :D

• gl17gl21

Posted August 03, 2005 - 03:51 PM

I had a ktm 620 about 2 years ago and it had a plate and no green sticker and I was told you don't need a green sticker to ride dirt year around if you have a plate. Has something changed? cause I am too thinking about getting my 2005 wr450 plated. Also about how much did the whole process cost? thanks J

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • moach1

Posted August 03, 2005 - 04:21 PM

i am not sure about the green sticker thing, i am going to ride till ranger tells me differnet. i sure i wont have any problems. dmv was $91. trick dual sport was $450. flush blinkers was 20. i believe that was it. but it also ups the value of the bike!!

• Chas_M

Posted August 03, 2005 - 05:05 PM

If you have a plate, you no longer need a green sticker to be legal on the dirt.

• moach1

Posted August 03, 2005 - 05:17 PM

cool, wasn't sure about that. so whats the difference between dual sport and on road? just curious.

• Gadsen

Posted August 03, 2005 - 05:48 PM

Congrats Moach1! I'd try it with my 02 426 but it has a c or a 3 as the eighth didget in the VIN so no chance :D

AH, but I beleive you can green sticker it. I hear they exempt 02 and earlier. Doulbe check!

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 03, 2005 - 05:57 PM

I did the same thing too... :D

• SaLpachino

Posted August 03, 2005 - 10:31 PM

DId u have to get DOT tires? Speedo? What did the kit come wit?

• byggd

Posted August 04, 2005 - 04:29 AM

AH, but I beleive you can green sticker it. I hear they exempt 02 and earlier. Doulbe check!

On it has a green sticker because it was grand fathered in but the DMV looks for a 3 or a c in the eighth position and it's no bwano for plating.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 04, 2005 - 05:38 AM

Nobody likes Dale more than me but it's not so cut and dry that you buy a DS kit and go to the DMV to get your plate. It takes a brake light inspection and a Vin verification completed with all the right boxes checked by a CHP or Vin verifier as well as a couple other forms. It all depends on the DMV and the clerk, Carb regulations state that it can't be done anymore but some slip through the cracks...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.