CRF forum blows ... CRF front brake help?

4 replies to this topic
  • id250f

Posted August 02, 2005 - 11:41 PM

I "accidentally" landed a 2005 CRF450 .... you guys have always fixed my idiocy in the past ... hoping someone has some insight on the crf ....

So the neighbor kid comes over and squeezes my front brake lever while I'm changing the tire ... after messing with it for an hour (i have no manual and never had this problem before) trying to get the thing to get back to it's de-compressed state so i can get the wheel on .... the brake pads fall out and these two metal clip things fall off. I have no idea how they're suppossed to fit together.

Anybody have a picture from the manual or of their front brake (pads and especially the position of the metal clip thingies) they could post so I could see what my problem is?

thx

:D

• biznet1

Posted August 03, 2005 - 04:25 AM

Kids do love to "milk" a motorcycle. For Yamaha parts, there are many websites that have very good parts diagrams. Does Honda not have that? Is there any chance that the rear uses the same type of clips?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 35yz450F

Posted August 03, 2005 - 06:11 AM

2004 Front Caliper

Couldn't find 2005.

• id250f

Posted August 03, 2005 - 09:15 PM

I got 'er, thank you! the crf forum finally came through too :D

• markit

Posted August 10, 2005 - 06:30 PM

Take grips off and put on YZ, problem corrected. :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.