anyone w/ zongshen 125 motor or ahp stage 1

19 replies to this topic
  • Kx250FRiDeR651

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:19 PM

im looking to get a new motor..ive been looking 4 ever but cant seem to find enough info on whats good...i see the zongshen 125 motors on ebay alot they arent replica ones they are the real brand are those any good? and also what about the ahp stage 1 motor? what size are those, i hear those are good but dont know anything about them ..

i need to replace my sdg motor which is pretty much shot asap

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jacep

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:35 PM

zongshen makes deasent power, but you run into problems with the transmission. downshifting they will skip from 3 to 1 or 3 to neutral sometimes. Vinco is making a product to cure that problem on them though. Haven't heard anything about the ahp motors

• deaconitchy

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:40 PM

I recently purchased a couple AHP stage 1 engines (100cc) from Mark at AHP and they've been really great so far. I don't have any riding experience with the bore kits and how they compare, but the AHP stage 1 hauls ass and it has 1down/3up trans. Install seemed as close to plug and play as it gets, I followed the instructions for installation and both engines fired right up. The only obstacle we encountered was the stock peg mounts hitting the engine. This was easily fixed by using longer bolts and washers as spacers to space the peg mounts away from the engine. As far as performance, the engine pulls strong throughout the entire power curve and sounds really good. I also added a Uni pod filter, a TB RevBox and and 15t front sprocket to complete the package. All in all its been a great engine and I've read about others having good experiences as well. Mark at AHP has great about answering questions and communication throughout the entire ordering process.

Here's a pic of my AHP Stage 1 (before the uni filter, TB rev box, and sprocket) ---->

http://www.datacabin...ddy_engine1.jpg

• Ridingsikk

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:24 PM

sorry to jack the thread but how is vinco fixing the problem of the false neutral?

• mini_thumper50

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:41 PM

I love mine! I've had it a few months now and I still love it just as much as the day I got it. Starts every time first kick.

• bubba133

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:54 PM

(I love mine! I've had it a few months now and I still love it just as much as the day I got it. Starts every time first kick)

what do you have?

anyways i got the zongshen 125 and that thing halls! i did have that shifting problem but it went away after i broke it in all the way and put in 20-50w oil

• jacep

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:28 PM

sorry to jack the thread but how is vinco fixing the problem of the false neutral?

The problem is with the star on the shift drum that catches and maintains the gears when shifted. They have redesigned the shifter star and are making it now.

• aedwards07

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:26 AM

The stage 1 motor is really nice.Its got alot of power and the tranny is like buter.Also Mark will back his stuff 100%.

• Kx250FRiDeR651

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:25 AM

i can buy a sikk125 motor for 399 from sikk..does anyone know is sikk uses the zongshen motors? or are they just copys of them, i just need a motor replacment that will outlast my sdg motor

• aedwards07

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:11 PM

IM about 99% sure that they are copy of the zongshen motors.

• Kx250FRiDeR651

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:07 PM

so if i got a REAL zongshen 125 motor would it be pretty good??

i can get a REAL zongshen 125cc for like 415$ i dont wanna buy something thats completely junk but i also dont wanna spend a ton of money cuz im not planning on riding my pitbike a whole lot since its been like 110+ outside and college is just around the corner agian so i'll be busy...im just trying to get the best thing for that price range

• jacep

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:38 PM

The Zongshen motors aren't that bad. The engines that we have come accross have a 27mm int. valve and a 23 or 24mm exh. valve (I can't remember which) 54mm stroke and 54mm bore, the transmissions are descent, we made the parts to fix the shifting problem. The clutch is a primary unit, but will also work with the kitaco and takegawa secondary clutch upgrades. We also have cams, carbs, carb kits, and exh. that really wake them up.

• Gusano

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:02 PM

The Zongshen motors aren't that bad. The engines that we have come accross have a 27mm int. valve and a 23 or 24mm exh. valve (I can't remember which) 54mm stroke and 54mm bore, the transmissions are descent, we made the parts to fix the shifting problem. The clutch is a primary unit, but will also work with the kitaco and takegawa secondary clutch upgrades. We also have cams, carbs, carb kits, and exh. that really wake them up.

Hey Jacep,
Looking to start mods on my Xtreme / Zongshen (125), would like more info on motor mods. Are you at Vinco ? I couldent find anything on the site. Let me know. Thanks

• jacep

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:47 PM

give us a call and ask for Jace, we are still trying to update everything we're just way behind sorry man.

• shot983

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:42 AM

would it be a dumb decision to sell my stock crf50 motor and just drop in a zongshen 125cc, im not really probally going to be racing the bike, but still want to beat on my buddys around here

• carlronchi

Posted 27 August 2005 - 03:49 AM

what do rev boxes do, and how do better ones make the bike faster?

• Roma4444

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:05 PM

anyone know anything about Lifan motors?

• bubba133

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:14 PM

is there any place to just buy an already shaved shift star or just a pics of a good shaved one would work
thanx

• bobandbeans

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:18 PM

ahp motors are really nice
if i didn't already have a bore kit i would def run it

• Kx250FRiDeR651

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:48 PM

the best 125 china engine we have to offer is the GPX 124cc
starts in any gear
aluminum 79mm long stroke
5 (yes five) plate heavy duty REAR position clutch
With 22mm MINKUNI carb
$499 total
bolt and plugs into sdg /crf
we have tested and raced this engine all year with no issues
best engine ,best value
www.tboltusa.com

the price keeps going down..befor it was 650 why so much cheaper?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.