650l versus lower lumbar

5 replies to this topic
  • Red4x4neck

Posted August 02, 2005 - 07:14 PM

This is getting painful

My lower lumbar, right down where my back joins my pelvis is really starting to constantly ache. I took a long ride from kitsap county over to Gold bar and rode off-road for about 2 hours. Ever since then my lower back has been bothering me.

It had bothered me before but not quite so bad.

I am a fairly active guy, Lift weights/pt/run 3 or more times a weak and have been riding bikes since I was about 6 yrs old, and have been commuting on my 97 650l (stock suspension) for the last year. I am 6' 3" about 220lbs.

I would appreciate any helpful hints you guys have discovered for minimizing the affects of vibrations on the human structure.

Thanks Rob

• GIANTac1

Posted August 02, 2005 - 07:50 PM

First recover.Then I would try standing on the pegs more when you hit whoops, jumps, ruts and anything else that might make your suspension work, other than your back. JMHO.

• ghoti

Posted August 03, 2005 - 04:37 AM

You could also wear a kidney belt. It'll give some support and help your posture.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted August 03, 2005 - 04:57 AM

Ditto on the kidney belt, Definitely a needed item for riding....... :D

• babbs

Posted August 03, 2005 - 05:19 AM

Trade in bike for a Goldwing, I heard those are great at treating back pain, at least in the older population.

• Red4x4neck

Posted August 03, 2005 - 05:38 AM

Thanks guys

Funny how you don't really know you are doing something stupid till it gets painful :D Now that you mention it I really don't stand that much while off-roading....gonna have to practice that.

On Kidney belts, is one as good as another? Any suggestions?

Thanks for the advice

Related Content

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.