2000 yz426 price ?

13 replies to this topic
  • redrider150f

Posted August 02, 2005 - 05:47 PM

hey a was looking at a yz426f a 2000 i think and its 25 hundred does this sound right and do you think its a little faster than my cr250 i dont really like the feel of a two stroke so ill leave that to my dad thanks guys

• biznet1

Posted August 02, 2005 - 06:11 PM

2500 is on the high end for a 2000, but they are still selling for that if they are in very good condition with mods. You can get one for less if you look. I just happen to be selling one on ebay right now with a buy now for 2500, but I think you're too far away to deal.

• cbff33

Posted August 03, 2005 - 08:49 AM

Average blue book retail for a 2000 426 is 2950

• AWDnot2

Posted August 03, 2005 - 09:14 AM

I have my '03 450 that I'll let go for 3,500.
in Wheeling WV.

FMF Titanium full exhaust w/ powerbomb header.
Magura Hydraulic clutch.
Factory Connection machined upper triple clamp.
Wide, cleated footpegs.
D.I.D high tensile strength chain.
Extra levers.
Extra seat cover and plastic base
Service manual.

Still have the full factory exhaust.
Extra oil filters
Extra misc stuff.
Extra rear sprocket

• MotoGoalie

Posted August 03, 2005 - 09:18 AM

That's how much I paid for my 03 this march.

You wanna sell the extra seat, base, levers, oil filter and header pipe. How much. PM me or let me know.

• AWDnot2

Posted August 03, 2005 - 09:32 AM

All those Items would go with the bike, as I still ride it.
It's one of those deals.

I buy the paper dense filters by the case, they are much cheaper.

• biznet1

Posted August 03, 2005 - 09:37 AM

Average blue book retail for a 2000 426 is 2950

Yeah, but Blue Book is dealer price. The reality is that someone would be nuts to pay that much when they can easily find one cheaper.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • King_Air

Posted August 03, 2005 - 05:14 PM

I just bought a 2000 yz426 from my riding/racing buddy. I gave $2300. I know the bike and know that it is in top condition. Seemed fair to me. Good Luck.

• cbff33

Posted August 04, 2005 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, but Blue Book is dealer price. The reality is that someone would be nuts to pay that much when they can easily find one cheaper.

yea, but that bike wouldn't have 3000 bucks worth of mods done to it. If you are selling a bike, you are a dealer. get what your bike is worth. If not, just take it down to the salvation army if you are just gonna give it away.

Same with a car, you try to sell your car and it's in good shape, you gonna give it away? I think not...you're gonna ask blue book price on it.

Blue book is not just for "authorized dealers", it is for both commercial and private use and gives a good baseline for an individual in the asking price of what they are selling. If nobody want's to pay my price, screw em. I got a super kick ass YZ426 with a brand new engine, and a brand new 450 exc to ride. Either way, I get what I want! And if I blow one, I got backup. If somebody wants my YZ, and all that comes with it,,,they will fork over the money. plain and simple.....bottom line.

• biznet1

Posted August 04, 2005 - 07:05 PM

yea, but that bike wouldn't have 3000 bucks worth of mods done to it. If you are selling a bike, you are a dealer. get what your bike is worth. If not, just take it down to the salvation army if you are just gonna give it away.

Same with a car, you try to sell your car and it's in good shape, you gonna give it away? I think not...you're gonna ask blue book price on it.

Blue book is not just for "authorized dealers", it is for both commercial and private use and gives a good baseline for an individual in the asking price of what they are selling. If nobody want's to pay my price, screw em. I got a super kick ass YZ426 with a brand new engine, and a brand new 450 exc to ride. Either way, I get what I want! And if I blow one, I got backup. If somebody wants my YZ, and all that comes with it,,,they will fork over the money. plain and simple.....bottom line.

When did he mention anything about mods? Of course you want to get as much as you can for your bike, but while you're sitting around waiting on someone to pay you $700 more than what comparable bikes are going for all around you, the value is dropping even more. Sure, everything's great if you want to keep it, but everyday you do, the value goes down, so you might as well just post a sign "not for sale", because the bottom line is, they aint gonna pay it! There is an 04YZ450 on Ebay that just closed, with every freakin mod known to man and it wouldn't bring more than 3200, then there's next year.

• Slowmotion426

Posted August 05, 2005 - 12:27 AM

Ah hell, just ride it.

• biznet1

Posted August 05, 2005 - 04:05 AM

Ah hell, just ride it.

Looks like I may have too. I have mine for sell so I can get a new one, but I can't even bring 2300 for mine, but I did only pay 2500 last year.

• cbff33

Posted August 07, 2005 - 03:33 PM

I wont' get the money I ask? thats funny. My bike just got loaded up and taken away. 3 grand. I guess the copies of the RO on my rebuild, and only having about 4hrs on a new top and bottom end helped. You still can't beat a 426 with a fresh motor, it will run with any 450 out there. The guy was surprised I wasn't asking 3600 for it. Like I said, you wanna just dump off your bike like an ex girlfriend, go cheap. If you know your bike is excellently maintained, and worth at least the avg retail, you can get it. When the BB shows a lower worth on the bike, lower the price. I have never had a problem getting what I want for any of my bikes over the last 20 + years. People know me, they know I take care of my stuff, and nitpik everything from a mechanical perspective, so they buy my bikes.

enough on this one.

• Bob_o

Posted August 10, 2005 - 03:21 PM

I sold a 2001 cr250 and bought a 2000 yz426. I think the cr250 was a bit faster but I find the power a lot more usable on the 426. I feel for sure that I am faster on the 426 than the 250. As for price I don't think I would be able to sell mine very easily for $2500. I tried last year to sell it for $2800 and the only call I got was from another guy selling his, asking if I was having any luck selling mine! Having said that I still find $2500 to be a very fair price for these bikes. Mine has been VERY reliable and once I did the cam mod (really easy) a ton more fun for my buddies. The whole starting drill thing you'll conquer in a day, but good luck if you let someone else ride it! Hope this helps more than the debate over pricing that you're thread started! lol

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.