can ya feel the power?

29 replies to this topic
  • Blue4Ever

Posted August 03, 2005 - 08:16 PM

Sounds like this issue doen't set well with most members! There have been numerous parts for sale in each of the different bike sections. It appears mountain mans post was found by a mod that has little tact. If he was more professional and confident he would have posted in mountain mans thread so all could observe his response and then we all could have learned how TT prefers we sell our stuff!! What about the banner ads all over the top of the forum?????? Isn't that part sales?! I guess it all depends on who benifits from the sale!!

• machoman_#618

Posted August 03, 2005 - 08:19 PM

just start posting like this...............I got a 05 yz450 just wondering whats it worth to you ............if you was going to buy a use one with less than 12 hours on it and alot of mods like frame guards,steel braided brake line, after market tank, pro action suspension(dropped two inches), new dunlop tires, gas cap nipple and chain slide. Just wondering what a person thinks its worth(IF THEY WAS IN THE MARKET)

• Blue4Ever

Posted August 03, 2005 - 08:27 PM

There ya go!! I guess it's not what ya say but how ya say it. :D

• grayracer513

Posted August 04, 2005 - 07:12 AM

Policy is policy, and the owner has the absolute right to make any of them that he wants. But then:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=269256 (note the date)

Makes it seem a little inconsistent, don't you think?

• ncmountainman

Posted August 04, 2005 - 07:18 AM

ya like he said some things do slip by :D its all good :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoGoalie

Posted August 04, 2005 - 07:54 AM

ya like he said some things do slip by :D its all good :D

Live and learn. Use your SIG wisely. :D

• Unibomber

Posted August 04, 2005 - 08:55 AM

How funny, I posted a tank for sale the same day you put up your parts, and mine vanished also, it didnt take me lone to figure out what happened. I began to think, the evalution of TT is just like any other company, website, group.......Kinda sad, I miss the old format of TT and the 5 or 6 members that kept it fun (you know who you are, EGO)

Cant blame TT for wanting to streamline and become more efficient, start bringing in some profits, but erasing a guys post because its not in the prescribed forum is a little gay, the tank I was selling will only fit a yz250f/450f so I put it in those forums, I wasnt trying to over-throw the TT regime................And so goes life, bigger,better, faster, and the little "good" parts of TT start to slip by.......

• TimFurryBalls

Posted August 04, 2005 - 09:58 AM

You know, I've been on this forum for a while, and things have definitely changed. TT has become more of a BUSINESS than anything else. There are tons of issues that many members have regarding new features. Being told not to list bike specific things for sale in the proper bike brand forum is one of them. Having the CRF forum CLUTTERED with the same questions about how to mod your "X" model is another. And you know what? After COUNTLESS people speak up saying they want a change to make it easier to sift through things, we always get the same reply. "It's too much trouble to separate the forum. Plus, you had a chance and you all voted to combine them." It's like, geez, sorry to be a "customer" of TT who contributes time, knowledge, and money. If this is truly a "business" doesn't the customer come first? Imagine if you YZF guys had to sift through WR stuff all day to find maybe one or two posts that pertain to you? :D

• MotoGoalie

Posted August 04, 2005 - 10:08 AM

#1 reason I post here, but don't buy jack there.

I'm not impressed.

The bulletin board has been built by the members and thier posts. Not the other way around. It's an ego, pride and overly officious attitude I've seen happen numerous times to many growing boards.

You'll get told to STFUP and leave if you don't like it. Or get banned. Nothing new under the sun.

• biznet1

Posted August 04, 2005 - 10:12 AM

Well said furryballs (d@mn I had a hard time saying your name! :D ) The fact of the matter is, profit is good and they deserve to be profitable. This site is of a huge value to all of us. With that said, they say that they don't want the various forums to be cluttered with stuff for sale. For who? For us. And WE say we don't mind it, if fact, we LIKE to be able to bring attention to stuff that we may want to buy or sell in THE FORUM THAT IS GOING TO BE SEEN. Just like the titanium foot pegs in the aforementioned post. I didn't think I wanted any, wasn't looking for any, until mountainman said he had them for sale. Then, as impulsive as I am, decided that I wanted some. BAM. the deal is done (until it got deleted). The bottom line is this, TT dudes. Don't be controlling for the sake of being controlling. Have a good reason! Aside from that, I love it, I appreciate it, I recommend it, and will continue to use it (unless you get mad at me for this post and delete me! :D )

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.