Anyone using the Magura juice clutch w/integrated comp release?

2 replies to this topic
  • Bill

Posted March 10, 2001 - 05:55 PM

I have been following the threads about the Hebo and was considering going this way. I was also going to buy the GYT-R comp release.

But for the money, maybe I should go with the Magura? It has the release integratred.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted March 10, 2001 - 06:37 PM

Bill-

I thought about this too. Kind of pricey. The Hebo works fine, and finally let's me mount the decompression lever up and out of the way. It's a clean fit.

From my research but not actual testing, the Hebo had the lighter clutch feel. Can't judge for sure, never pulled a magura. Maybe Rod from OZ can attest to this. Can tell you the Hebo does feel nice, and it will especially feel good compared to a worn out cable. It's a 1 or two finger clutch now.

Being the analytical type you are, maybe give it some thought and more research before you buy. The Magura's are probably of higher quality (price=quality?), but the Hebo seems to do the trick.

Replacement levers and parts are available, too. Another bonus is the universal fit will allow us to transfer this to another bike when we sell. (hint Yamaha--gimmie a 250 lb2002 WR450! (so I can turn it into a 250lb YZ!))

• Taffy

Posted March 11, 2001 - 12:30 AM

i run the magura.

it's very light at the lever & all works well except;

1) i have medium high bars set well forward & my comp release cable had to be re-routed.

2) for some reason there's an awful loy of alloy corrosion on it & all the gunmetal paint has fallen off. i haven't had any leaks.

3) with barkbusters on the hydraulic pipe points straight at the back of them & the pipe has to be kinked up, & then i ga & fall off & it gets kinked some more!

4) the levers are brittle & i've been looking for the softer aftermarket types to replace it with.

5) the clutch adjuster hits the switchgear. but a razor sorted this.

none of the above has affected the actual function of the JC. just annoying faults i guess.

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.