I want forward motion not vertical motion!!!

10 replies to this topic
  • djo269

Posted August 01, 2005 - 08:12 PM

How can you make the front end stay down when grabbing a bunch of throttle for the next jump face that is only a few yards away? I havent taken my bike to the track yet but I took it around the yard and all it wants to do is wheelie over backwards. How can I convert all this torque to acceleration? :D

• mikedabike

Posted August 01, 2005 - 08:17 PM

Throttle control and body position or buy a 250F :D

• Thrash1

Posted August 01, 2005 - 08:21 PM

Gain 30lbs and you won't have a problem keeping the front down..... I weight in at 205 and just a little forward positioning keeps the front about 6" off after a hand full of throddle.....

• ncmountainman

Posted August 02, 2005 - 04:41 AM

flywheel weight :D

• biznet1

Posted August 02, 2005 - 04:54 AM

I just lay on the bars, or hell, sometimes I don't. That's why I'm sitting here after back surgery from coming over backwards on the big triple. Dang! I still love that power though! I'm just a little more edumacated now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxaction

Posted August 02, 2005 - 10:35 AM

flywheel weight, keep your body positioning forward on the bike, gain some luggage.

• fastenuf4u

Posted August 02, 2005 - 11:00 AM

Gain 30lbs and you won't have a problem keeping the front down..... I weight in at 205 and just a little forward positioning keeps the front about 6" off after a hand full of throddle.....

I am pushing 220 and it doesn't help keep the front end down on my bike at all! I just get used to leaning forward a bit to weight the front end down but if traction is abundant it is hard to get around. I usually don't mind unless I am trying to get on the gas in a corner and she starts to stand up.

• rasta

Posted August 02, 2005 - 11:58 AM

i usally nail it, then after coming off of lip of jump lean forward and use rear brake to bring front down, works for me, i am 6'3 260lbs

• TexN343

Posted August 02, 2005 - 07:10 PM

lol I weigh 165 and can keep control of my 450 learn throttle control and lean forward man...sit on that gas tank.. oh and wear a cup too.

• machoman_#618

Posted August 02, 2005 - 08:07 PM

short shift

• MisterMan

Posted August 02, 2005 - 09:33 PM

lol I weigh 165 and can keep control of my 450 learn throttle control and lean forward man...sit on that gas tank.. oh and wear a cup too.

aeh men brother!!!! and yes, same here too, 150-160 lbs loaded and I have no problems.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.