BRP Scotts Submount kit and longer brake line?

1 reply to this topic
  • Naru

Posted August 01, 2005 - 08:03 PM

I'm running BRP's submount kit on my BRP, and I'm about to switch over to stainless steel brake lines. The stock lines have flex to accomodate the higher bar mounting, but I doubt the SS lines will have near as much. So, has anyone out there using the submount kit switched to SS stock length lines with no problems? I was thinking about either getting the front brake line +1" or +2" over stock just in case (Galfer offers custom lengths), but thought I'd ask first.

Also, were any submount users with edelbrock carburators able to get +3" throttle cables from edelbrock? They said they only had +4" lines, which are WAY too long. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted August 01, 2005 - 08:10 PM

Motion Pro made me a couple sets of custom length carb cables a few years ago. I don't know of they do that anymore, but you may want to check with them as they were the ones who used to supply Edelbrock with their cables and maybe they still do.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.