04 RMZ250 oil question
Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:23 PM
Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:31 PM
1. Drain your oil from both plugs under the crank case.
2. Replace both plugs (goes without saying, but I have wasted a ton of oil, by getting ahead and not putting the plugs back in, and oil on the floor. This usually is after a few Bud Lights)
3. Fill the oil to the glass level lines (1.5L or 1.6 US Qts), let sit for a moment and fill again if needed.
4. Start bike, but do not high rev it as oil will be caught in the top end.
5. Let stand for a few minutes and add if needed.
PS. Use Two2Cool in your favorite oil and you wont be disappointed!
Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:35 PM
Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:31 PM
Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:54 PM
Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:37 PM
After draining all the oil and cleaning my oil filter, (you probubly have paper filters so you replace those not clean).
I take 1 quart of oil and get that in, then i take the 2nd conatiner and go till i get to the middle of the lines on the eye glass. If in not in a hurry i normally start my bike and let it idle then shut it off and let the oil settle for a bit then check it. The only reasons its inacurate is because the oil gets in the filter and places in your engine after it runs a secound. But one you start it and get the oil in the nicks and crannys then you fill it back up if you have to.
Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:43 AM
Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:29 AM
Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:16 AM
Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:00 AM
My manual states that when checking oil in the sightglass, the level of the bike should be such that the tops of both tyres should be level. I checked this out and it does make a BIG difference
. Make sure the bike is level and add oil as neccessary. This works every time, the sightglass is not misleading.
Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:22 AM