Do Race Tech valves myself or send to Enzo?

8 replies to this topic
  • dunecj2a

Posted August 01, 2005 - 03:08 PM

I need some opinions and advice. I saw that I could buy Race Techs Gold valves from Rocky mtn for my forks and shock for $300. Are those the same valves that would be put in if I sent my stuff out to them??? I would like to put them in myself or at least try :D Has anyone tried those kits and is it a big difference over stock valving :D

Or should I send my stuff to Enzo for revalving. It will cost me around $450 after shipping and everything. What do you guys think? Fork out the xtra cash and go Enzo or try the Gold Valves :D I'm fast beginner or slow, slow whatever's next :eek:

• myoung

Posted August 01, 2005 - 03:19 PM

For that ammount of money, you can't go wrong with Enzo. They did mine and it was like night and day, and I didn't even really have a problem with my suspension before hand. Everything just works better and I couldn't be happier. I was also considering the same option you are and doing the gold valves on my own, but the total cast plus the possibility of having to do it again if the shim stack wasn't quite right the first time put me off the idea. Not to mention the number of people telling me the gold valves were old technology and not as good as having a suspension pro do their 'magic'.

My advice is to go with Enzo. :D

• BlueRide

Posted August 01, 2005 - 04:03 PM

Pro Circuit did mine, their website quotes 180 for the front revalve/setup and 150 for the rear revalve/setup. It's amazing. The bike will eat a curb size hit and I literally barely know its there. I'm not saying Race Tech or Enzo aren't good, but for the money, I'd send em to a place that will do the work, I just gave PC my weight and riding style (desert/woods, not MX) and they came back ready to bolt on. even the sag was in line. All I've ever adjusted on the forks is compression, I dialed it up for a MX track, then back down for the woods. Unless you are good with suspension or have a trusted friend that is, I'd just send them away. :D

• dunecj2a

Posted August 01, 2005 - 08:44 PM

For that ammount of money, you can't go wrong with Enzo. They did mine and it was like night and day, and I didn't even really have a problem with my suspension before hand. Everything just works better and I couldn't be happier. I was also considering the same option you are and doing the gold valves on my own, but the total cast plus the possibility of having to do it again if the shim stack wasn't quite right the first time put me off the idea. Not to mention the number of people telling me the gold valves were old technology and not as good as having a suspension pro do their 'magic'.

My advice is to go with Enzo. :D

Yeah every one says Enzo is the best :D I got a set of there subtanks also but havent put them on yet. I was waiting to get everything done at once....Thanx

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dunecj2a

Posted August 01, 2005 - 08:48 PM

Pro Circuit did mine, their website quotes 180 for the front revalve/setup and 150 for the rear revalve/setup. It's amazing. The bike will eat a curb size hit and I literally barely know its there. I'm not saying Race Tech or Enzo aren't good, but for the money, I'd send em to a place that will do the work, I just gave PC my weight and riding style (desert/woods, not MX) and they came back ready to bolt on. even the sag was in line. All I've ever adjusted on the forks is compression, I dialed it up for a MX track, then back down for the woods. Unless you are good with suspension or have a trusted friend that is, I'd just send them away. :D

Thanx, I always used PC for my KX's. There is no denying that PC has worked wonders with Kawasaki. I was thinking about using them just because I always had in the past, but alot of people say great things about Enzo and Yamaha :D

• Chills

Posted August 01, 2005 - 10:17 PM

Hey Bud,

Wait and Get an 06, LOL, thats what Im doing...
Then you wont need to do that!!!

Drop me a line bro, got the bike in the shop cause its missing and I cant figure it out.......

My opinion is Enzo

• Dolce_Grappa

Posted August 02, 2005 - 08:09 AM

Dunecj2a,

I wanted to let you know there's more involved than you think, when re-valving. First off you've got to buy the tools, that's going to cost approximately another $150. Take a look at Race Tech's web-site, it will tell what tools you need. Also if you remove the mid-valve like they suggest you'll need a drill press or milling machine to remove the stake marks. Once this is done you'll be able to get to your mid-valves. Good Luck.

• dunecj2a

Posted August 02, 2005 - 08:32 AM

Dunecj2a,

I wanted to let you know there's more involved than you think, when re-valving. First off you've got to buy the tools, that's going to cost approximately another $150. Take a look at Race Tech's web-site, it will tell what tools you need. Also if you remove the mid-valve like they suggest you'll need a drill press or milling machine to remove the stake marks. Once this is done you'll be able to get to your mid-valves. Good Luck.

Thanx man
Those are the things I need to know. Buying the tools might be worth it though in the long run. I hate payin $100 every time I service the shock. Forks are simple, plus I made a tool to pull them apart. Shock looks a little scary though :D

Thanx for the advice Dolce :D

• mxaction

Posted August 02, 2005 - 10:23 AM

you should be sending your suspension out to be serviced/re-valved if you have no prior experience with the stuff. you will need special tools for the job (www.racetech.com) and it can be a deviating task for a beginner who has never tore into his suspension before. enzo racing a kayaba kind of go hand in hand like factory connection and showa. a revalve by enzo is about $170 per shock/forks.

see:

www.enzoracing.com and go to "suspension services"

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.