Heatlight quit working

4 replies to this topic
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted August 01, 2005 - 09:46 AM

I have an 02 wr426 and I wanted to go for a nightride this past weekend but the headlight didn't work. I worked perfectly fine the weekend before. I started up my bike and the headlight wouldn't turn on. So I took it all apart and checked the bulb and there was nothing wrong with it. I put everything back together and it worked. So I let the bike idle while I got my helmet and gloves. So then I got on my bike, put it in first gear and the light went out. I took it apart again but no luck this time. There must be a short in the wiring somewhere. Has anyone else had any trouble like this?

• 5valve

Posted August 01, 2005 - 11:44 AM

I had the same problem
it was a bad connector on the headlight wire wich is approx 8in from the bulb

pull apart (wires out of plastic connector) with the help of miniature screwdriver, clean & reconfigure the contacts
join and observe if successfull

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kbryant3399

Posted August 01, 2005 - 03:03 PM

If you have a brake light switch, make sure its fully connected. Mine came slightly disconnected and all light went off.

• Orangeman64

Posted August 01, 2005 - 07:22 PM

I had a YZ fender on mine and blew out 3 head light bulbs, hooked up the stock WR fender with tail light and no problems. The headlight must pull to much all by itself. I have noticed the connctor to the headlight gets loose, just tighten it up some.

• flatnacker

Posted August 01, 2005 - 07:53 PM

WOW you have a heat light!!! cool!! that would be awesome for those cold winter mornings :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.