Went to Washougal yesterday . . .

4 replies to this topic
  • SteveWR450F

Posted August 01, 2005 - 09:11 AM

Girlfriend and I for the first time went to Washougal Washington yesteday to see the AMA National MX race. Met a lot of nice people and saw many "Thumpertalk" t-shirts on.

Did not get to see Bubba or Chad Reed (both injuried) but we definately saw RC race. He led 29 of the 30 laps he raced (2 motos) and no one even came closed. He really is that good.

Saw the new alum. YZ450F racing. Nice bikes. Out of seeing at least 100 bikes race, only 2 were 2 strokes. Great time.

We will definately go again next year!!!

• e_dogg

Posted August 01, 2005 - 10:33 AM

I was there yesterday too. So much fun!!! I'm definitely going again next year!

Were you able to go into the pits? I couldn't tell if they were letting spectators into the pits or not.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SteveWR450F

Posted August 01, 2005 - 01:54 PM

I did not make it into the pits either but I learned that you can purchase an admission wrist band for $15. Most folks I talked with said if you go into the pits you need to be there when they open around 9 am. Vendors more willing to give you time and free stuff then. Once they start testing their bikes around 10:30 - 11, the free stuff is gone and they are busy.

• SteveWR450F

Posted August 01, 2005 - 02:02 PM

I did not make it into the pits either but I learned that you can purchase an admission wrist band for $15. Most folks I talked with said if you go into the pits you need to be there when they open around 9 am. Vendors more willing to give you time and free stuff then. Once they start testing their bikes around 10:30 - 11, the free stuff is gone and they are busy.

• southernbornWR

Posted August 08, 2005 - 07:20 PM

Washougal was great. I got a chance to cruise the pits and was a little disappointed. There were not as many vendors as some of the Supercrosses I've been to, but with that said if was my first outdoor national and it was awesome.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.