What's in your tool pack?

46 replies to this topic
  • weskc35k

Posted January 08, 2009 - 01:56 AM

Believe it or not all i take is a flat blade screwdriver.
Some money and a mobile phone.

• DT1

Posted January 08, 2009 - 07:35 AM

Long underwear and a couple of Vicodin.

• eastreich

Posted January 08, 2009 - 08:01 AM

I've got a healthy assortment of tools, quicksteel, some special bolts like the tiny buggers for the rad shouds on my R and some spare sprocket bolts, and a few spare plugs (one for me and one BR9ES just in case there is a smoker in the group). Just because, I also used to carry a second plug wrench that fit an XR400. I rode with lots of guys with 400s that liked to dump their bikes in creeks that did not have a plug wrench so we could pump out the water. I also pack spare electrical connectors and a spool of 18ga wire (I ride in the dark, a lot). It all goes in a medium sized Ogio fanny pack, and I could darn near rebuild someone elses bike if I had to. I've never come close to using all of the tools in there on my bike, but I have on other people's ride.

The most important thing I carry, IMO, is cash. At least $50. For emergency fuel, food, transportation, or whatever may crop up. I keep it in a watertight bag with my registration and a spare pair of MX gloves.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650RSMOKEDU

Posted January 09, 2009 - 03:34 AM

http://www.nraila.or...awpdfs/CASL.pdf
Read up, you can't carry concealed OR loaded firearms in CA unless you are LEO, I only tell you because I would hate to see any fellow bikers get in trouble because they were unclear on the law. Are you gun owners part of the NRA? I would seriously reccomend you join if you enjoy your rights to OWN guns.

• sploogemonkey

Posted January 09, 2009 - 10:06 AM

http://www.nraila.or...awpdfs/CASL.pdf
Read up, you can't carry concealed OR loaded firearms in CA unless you are LEO, I only tell you because I would hate to see any fellow bikers get in trouble because they were unclear on the law. Are you gun owners part of the NRA? I would seriously reccomend you join if you enjoy your rights to OWN guns.

If I am in an unincorporated area (even though it is public land), and I am in the wilderness (in this case open desert) and I choose to openly (not concealed) carry a sidearm, I am not in violation of any law. San Bernardino County, to my knowledge, does not have any ordinances that preclude carrying openly while in unincorporated, wilderness areas that are not Forest Service property.

I have never been told to unholster or remove my sidearm during visits by BLM rangers while on BLM land, and yes I have encountered rangers four times since 2001. Three times while in the mountains around Calico, and once by Tumco in Imperial County.

Be a responsible firearm owner, and you will likely never have problems with the law.

• XR4Redrider

Posted January 14, 2009 - 08:39 PM

AH MEN!! XR Riders don't need tools except to get your buddys back to the truck!

• bacobytes

Posted August 07, 2010 - 11:05 AM

JB Weld. I have patched a crank case puncture waayyy off road in Moab with a little gas to clean around the punture, a nickle over the hole and some JB Weld to seal the nickle to the aluminum case.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.