What's in your tool pack?
Posted July 31, 2005 - 11:10 PM
- tire patches
- tire inflator
- socket wrench and sockets (8, 10, 12, 14, 17)
- box wrenches
- allen wrench
- zip ties
- safety wire
- quick epoxy
- multi tool
- buddy tow straps
- 21" tube on the hairy runs
all this fits in my tool pack and on the bike. anything else for a quick fix up?
Posted July 31, 2005 - 11:43 PM
Posted August 01, 2005 - 03:30 PM
How's the shoulder?
*ps* I always carry a pair of side cutters or dikes as well. And want to get a pair of extra levers for them pesky rocks on the uber steep trails.
Posted August 01, 2005 - 06:50 PM
spare clutch handle
8,10,19mm sockets w/ratchet
hand air pump
phillips and flat screw drivers
hose coupler for oil cooler linesw/clamps
chain master link
2 tire irons
valve stem tool
spare nuts and bolts
18" and 21" tubes
2 allen wrenches (forgot the size)
spark plug tool
spark plug gap gauge
"and a partrage in a pear tree"
I'm sure I forgot something.
The thing is I have only used the tire irons and tubes on my bike. The rest of the tools I have only used on other peoples bikes. After the last dual sport ride I will be adding fuses to the pack. A converted WR used two of mine out of my fuse block just to get him back to camp. I only carry the tool bag on long rides. Short rides I just carry a knife and pliers and a cell phone.
Posted August 01, 2005 - 07:17 PM
Posted August 01, 2005 - 09:18 PM
Helps me ride faster than any aftermarket hop up!
Posted August 02, 2005 - 07:37 AM
Posted August 02, 2005 - 07:38 AM
Posted August 02, 2005 - 11:14 AM
You guys pretty much got what I carry. I also carry a small tube of liquid soap to help re-mount the tire. I also carry an extra tail light bulb.
Posted August 02, 2005 - 11:47 AM
Posted August 02, 2005 - 02:03 PM
Posted August 02, 2005 - 05:35 PM
1. Spark plug wrench that fits your bike.
2. Spare Spark Plug for the bike you are riding.
3. Chain Repair Kit (Spare master link, Spare Clip, a few spare links, Chain Breaker).
Matches or a lighter.
4. Large Zip Ties.
5. Duct Tape (You can wrap a foot of it around a wrench to save space).
6. Hi temp epoxy putty (like JB weld but, dries quick and doesn't run).
7. About 6 feet of aluminum wire equivalent (something that will bend and not break).
8. Electrical Wire (for electrical repairs or can be used to clean out a clogged jet).
9. Leatherman multi- tool or equivalent.
10. Tire repair kit (Patches, Glue, small tire Irons, small pump or CO2 filler, small bottle of dish soap (to lube the bead and to clean up afterward).
11. Axle wrench (front & rear combo).
12. Light duty front innertubes (light duty to limit weight
13. Homemade radiator bypass kit (so you can bypass one of the two if you put a hole in it).
14. Tow Strap.
15. e clip for the carb needle - awful easy to lose this baby, taped to the spare plug holder.
16. Spare thingy that inside the valve on a tire tube - same idea, wrapped in tape.
17. About 3 feet of spare fuel line (can be used for repairs or to siphon gas in a pinch).
18. Small flashlight.
19. Washcloth or shop rag.
20. Plastic Gloves.
21. Emergency contact numbers/ Name, address, D.O.B., etc.
22. 800mg Ibuprofen.
23. Also suggest you paint the tools bright yellow – so you can find them in the dirt.
Posted August 02, 2005 - 05:48 PM
Posted August 02, 2005 - 06:04 PM
Posted August 02, 2005 - 08:23 PM
Posted August 03, 2005 - 06:23 AM
Posted January 05, 2009 - 08:05 AM
Posted January 05, 2009 - 09:32 AM
93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster
DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime
Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS
ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare
Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson