Radio communications while riding

1 reply to this topic
  • BillyinColorado

Posted March 10, 2001 - 02:04 PM

My son and I ride up in the Rockies and sometimes it would be nice to be able to tell him to stop, turn left, etc., without having to overtake him to do hand signals.

I have seen that there are some pretty pricy setups for road bikes ($250 a pop), but I 'd really like to see if there is something around $100 a piece or so. I was considering buying a couple of Motorola handheld walkie talkies and doing a science experiment to rig up a hands free setup, but before I start chopping these up I was wondering if anyone else has tried such a thing, and how well they work (or don't).

Thanks!

------------------
Bill in Colo: '01 WR426F, '98 KLX300R, '01 TTR125L, '78 DR370, '74 DT360A. (My wife is a saint!)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • '00_in_Calgary

Posted March 10, 2001 - 05:13 PM

I use the motorola FRS radios when riding around. (& street riding & sking) for about $20.00US they have an optional earpiece and push to talk mic.
they work 'good enough' for me. I'm using them tomorrow for sking. It's great to be able to communiate with someone a couple of km's away from you.
Since I can't ride in the mountains, here's where I'm sking.. http://www.skilouise.com/

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.