Stainless Re-usable filters vs paper?

23 replies to this topic
  • bluebike1999

Posted August 06, 2005 - 07:17 PM

paper disposable filters. sterile start every time for au$10. hold a new or used paper filter and an original mesh one up to a bright light and look through and the answer is there in my opinion.
peace of mind comes in many different forms. I'd bet either choice will perform the task adequately for more than the lifetime of the bike.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 06, 2005 - 07:28 PM

I'd bet either choice will perform the task adequately for more than the lifetime of the bike.

Smartest thing I have read in this entire thread. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CraigW

Posted August 10, 2005 - 06:49 AM

Paper element units are able to filter finer particles from the lubricant.
For this reason, I believe the extra money spend on their regular replacement is worthwhile.

• timcook

Posted August 10, 2005 - 09:44 PM

We use SS filters on aircraft. They are designed to be re-used by cleaning them in a ultra-sonic bath other wise they must be thrown out. Any other cleaning method is ill-advised and unauthorized in aviation. As for paper, they may not filter as well or as small as microns, but they are cheap and a great way to quickly look at what it has trapped. This tells you the health of your engine. Most of this you would never see in a SS filter. I use paper for this reason and it really does not matter because like most I never leave one in for more then about 3-5 rides.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.