Smoke from valve cover breather?

1 reply to this topic
  • Lok47

Posted July 30, 2005 - 11:26 AM

I've got white smoke coming out of the valve cover breather. I'm thinking i damaged something in the motor when the throttle slide plate let go a few months ago. Anyone have any opinions or ideas of what i can do?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted July 30, 2005 - 12:54 PM

Chances are real good you have blow by. This is compression not staying above the piston, instead, its making its way under the piston. You mentioned your engine ingested your carb slide. More than likely, a piece has gotten in the chamber and beat around the edge of the piston which will "pinch" a ring in place and create a leak. Look after it quickly, the pinched ring can also gouge the cylinder with a vetical groove and destroy it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.