fuel tank wr-400

11 replies to this topic
  • nimiz1

Posted July 30, 2005 - 09:46 AM

hallo
does anyone nows what kind of plastic is used for this fuel tank
i have a problem in mine and i bought the plastic welder epoxy by devcon but it sais not for politilen or polipropilen.

• rich-tenerife

Posted July 30, 2005 - 02:56 PM

Hello nimiz1

The plastic welder idea just wont work !
What kind of damage did the tank sustain ?
These bikes & exhaust systems get so hot ,the idea of any kind of fuel leak is best
avoided.
Buy yourself a new tank .
Thats what i think.
Good luck.

:D

• nimiz1

Posted July 30, 2005 - 11:00 PM

i have a small fuel leak at the bottom of the tank
to buy a new one us not an option now ' a new tank in my country is about 700$.

• 5valve

Posted July 31, 2005 - 01:31 AM

take it to the car plastic repair shop and if they cant do the job, nobody will
except maybe someone who specializes in fuel tank repair if in existance :D

• Bamster

Posted July 31, 2005 - 01:42 PM

e-bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

• Yamaha WR400F

Posted July 31, 2005 - 03:25 PM

Awesome Bamster, that was going to be my sugestion, the WR tanks go real cheap on ebay, compared with the YZ ones.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RCannon

Posted July 31, 2005 - 03:26 PM

Do you guys remember the video of the WR 400 burning. The person was a TT member who "fixed" a leak in his plastic tank. As I recall it held for a while....I remember him being threatened with the bill for the entire fire as well.

Dont repair this tank unless your willing to risk your bike, your self, or others in a fire. The used wr tanks never sell for much.

• rich-tenerife

Posted August 03, 2005 - 02:19 PM

Hello all

That's what i think , change it !
You just dont mess around with fuel & hot engine's .
:D

• Lukejt

Posted August 03, 2005 - 04:32 PM

Won't a tank from a WR426 fit as well, could help find more tanks on Ebay. I'm sure you will find one cheap with a bit of patience. Worst case is you will need somebody to ship it overseas for ya. It'll cost a bit, but much less than $700 US I hope.

Lukejt

• spy

Posted August 03, 2005 - 07:55 PM

I doubt he meant 700 USD considering new clarkes go for $170 USD, $530 for shipping? Wonder where he is in the world.

• nimiz1

Posted August 04, 2005 - 12:05 AM

thank you all , it is 700$ in israel but i found used one for 60$ and i will buy it today
thank you.

• Math

Posted August 04, 2005 - 02:05 PM

When you need parts, like a fuel tank, just post your needs here on the forum and/or go on e-bay. Don't do like Bamster though... and check the countries to which the seller is willing to ship! :D Sometimes, you'll see people willing to ship worldwide. My WR is full of e-bay junk and stuffs I've bought from TTers.... seat, tank, pipe, bash plate...

My father went to Israel once. From the pictures I've seen it must be a terrific place to ride a dirt bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.