anyone have pics of the throttle stop swap

4 replies to this topic
  • lordwest

Posted July 29, 2005 - 11:57 AM

I got the kit. No pics or instructions. ANYTHING would be nice because I dont feel like paying the dealership $150.

• knucklehead

Posted July 29, 2005 - 12:32 PM

are you asking how to change the screw?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted July 29, 2005 - 12:41 PM

Try this link. It's for the 03 wr450 but should be of some help.

• Johnny34

Posted July 29, 2005 - 12:50 PM

Dirt Rider did a write up with pics covering all the free mods like 2 issues ago. You can get back issues at your local library.

Here's the jist of the throttle stop: Unbolt the AIS module on the right side of the bike as it gets in the way. On the rear of the carb, mounted vertically, with the head of the bolt facing down, is a 6mm Allen bolt (maybe 8mm, I forget). If you're not sure where it is still, look for where the two throttle cables connect to the right side of the carb. Now look a little to the left and there she is. Remove the vertically mounted bolt with an Allen wrench (or an Allen ratchet bit) and install the shorter YZ stop screw.

If you still can't find it, send me a PM and I'll email you a photo after work.

• lordwest

Posted July 29, 2005 - 03:12 PM

thanks for the help. I didnt know it was a simple screw change, now I just sound like a newbie.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.