6 replies to this topic
  • Brettv

Posted July 29, 2005 - 04:32 AM

G'day, i have a wrf 400 99, with the stock header
i was wondering is there any performance to gain from upgrading to an aftermarket header?
i know it would be handy to not have to unbolt it to change/clean the filter
also those torque stuffer things u put inside the start of ur header, anyone used one or are they just cheese?
thanks - Brett

• Brettv

Posted July 30, 2005 - 01:57 AM

so no one knows anything about headers??
fair enough

• gregwr450f

Posted July 30, 2005 - 04:10 AM

Re-phrase your question, I don't know what the hell your asking.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted July 30, 2005 - 05:17 AM

I believe the question was "is there any performance to gain from upgrading to an aftermarket header?"
My guess would be yes, (maybe very small gain over the stocker) provided it was matched to a silencer and intake and jetting were matched as well. The header alone? I would guess little or no gain, possibly worse if not re jetted. HOWEVER, I don't have a 99 WR400 or even an aftermarket header on my 03 WR450, so the validity of what I say could be nill. Just this motorheads' opinion. :D

Posted July 30, 2005 - 06:12 AM

I just added a FMF powerbomb header to my '03 WR, very little difference from stock. I changed out the header to stainless steel over the stock Ti one just from fear of ruining the softer Ti unit.

• Brettv

Posted July 30, 2005 - 07:54 AM

ok cool, thanks guys that was the kind of info i was after :D

• Strattos

Posted July 30, 2005 - 03:50 PM

I reckon you get more benefit from fitting an aftermarket muffler than an aftermarket pipe compared to the standard items.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.