Alpinestar tech 10 V.S Garena SG -10's

11 replies to this topic
  • brown77

Posted July 28, 2005 - 10:35 AM

I have searched and read the reviews ,anyone tried both ? I currently have some tech 8's that I have had for a few years and its time for new ones, I like the white alpinestars and the carbon and white SG's.Thanks

• Satch0922

Posted July 28, 2005 - 02:24 PM

sg-10's if you want protection.....Tech 10 if you want to be trendy.

• ripntear

Posted July 28, 2005 - 04:48 PM

I have the SG-10's and love them. Most comfortable boot I've ever owned. Don't know about the Tech 10's but have heard good things about them and see alot of them out there.

• Thumper38

Posted July 29, 2005 - 05:01 AM

The SG-10's are really good, by far the best boot i have ever used! much better than the tech 8's

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 29, 2005 - 05:08 AM

I'm a tech-8 user myself, never tired the others. When you guys say one is better than the other, please state WHY you think it's better. Better comfort with equal protection, better protection, just like the style better, etc.. :applause:

• Thumper38

Posted July 29, 2005 - 06:33 AM

Much better protection, the sole is much firmer, the ankle doesent bulge (look at your tech 8's the ankle is buldging) and the comfort is like a tennis shoe. I broke my foot twice with the tech 8's and have not had a problem since??????????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted July 29, 2005 - 09:30 AM

#7 is all that matters....

• Dolce_Grappa

Posted July 29, 2005 - 06:28 PM

The SG-10's are really good, by far the best boot i have ever used! much better than the tech 8's

Here, Here--I agree, the SG-10 took hardly any time to break-in and fitted like a glove. I've had several Alpinestars boots, all were good. They just aren't as protective as the SG-10.

• aedwards07

Posted July 30, 2005 - 06:53 AM

SG10 all the way.I used to be an alpinestar man and have said numerous times"I will never buy another brand of boot".Well after breaking my foot twice and my ankle once I decided to get some SG10s.

As for comfort they cannot be beat.I was alittle worried about them not having the bootie but now I feel the bootie is just a waste of time.These are like a pillo when your in them.

Protection is a A+++.They sole is soft enough so you get some feel outa it but still stiff.The ankle support and protection is top notch.I like that there is a big piece of plastic over where the ball of my ankle is.Also the hinge system limits the way the ankle can move.

As far as durability they are alot better than Astars.The sole still looks new as does the rest of the boot with the exception of a few black marks.

I also like the looks alot better than the tech10.They look like moon boots.comfortable moon boots.

• 5valve

Posted July 31, 2005 - 10:11 PM

and those moon boots are very nice to ride
no break in time, perfect fit, overall soft and twisty, but hardened at critical areas
superb for the woods and also they dont dislike a bit of walking
t 10

• phat_450f

Posted August 01, 2005 - 12:16 AM

i have the tech 10's i like them because there comfortable. and yes they look cool as well..

• Pablo-75rus

Posted August 23, 2005 - 10:48 PM

I can't tell anything about SG10, but I have very bad feedback about Alpinestars Tech 10. I had mine for less then a season. They look as piece of s@#t and the pivoting system on low back of boot is broken on both boots.

They are very comfortable though, but for such amount of money I expected more :D

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.