TTR125L to YZ timing?

5 replies to this topic
  • Bruce_in_Phoenix

Posted March 10, 2001 - 07:40 AM

I just picked up a sweet used one last night for my wife. I know that you can't YZ time a TTR but surely there has got to be a way to massage a little more power out of these nice little machines.

I noticed that there are several of you out there who own these and would appreciate some suggestions for parts and necessary items to have.

Bruce

• mike_dean

Posted March 10, 2001 - 07:55 AM

Bruce, first thing you should get before you ride that ttr is a BBR chain guide, $70, saves the chain from breaking the engine cases like mine. If the wife is over 100# you will also want to get the BBR springs. My son weighs 85# and constantly bottoms the forks. If you look at the rear chain guide it only has one side, even a slightly loose chain can be knocked off or derailed easily. Living in wis. I went up one size on the slow jet, bike was very cold blooded and would not stay runnung cold, also richened up the idle screw. Other than those things the bike seems fine for the $. Have fun and good luck. mike

• MN_Kevin

Posted March 10, 2001 - 08:26 AM

Any tricks/suggestions for a TTR225??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rick_Graham

Posted March 10, 2001 - 09:22 AM

Kevin,
I think a gas cap swap is the first thing that should be done to a ttr225. All you have to do is remove the gas cap and install a new bike underneeth. This has worked very well for a couple of my friends.

• BillyinColorado

Posted March 10, 2001 - 01:27 PM

BBR seems like a really knowledgeble outfit for the TTR, but their prices are 150% to 200% of what I'd expect to pay for the same part for other bikes.

Scott's makes what looks like a decent chain guard for less money, see http://www.scottsper...html#scotts.htm

I am also looking for a decent skid plate to replace the plastic one that came with the bike, as I'm not ready to ante up $139 for the BBR model. These normally cost about $75 for other bikes I have owned.

Let me know if you find other sources, as my son has a TTR125 too.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 10, 2001 - 08:06 PM

I CAN GET YOU SOME TTR125 PARTS.

SKID PLATE LOWER CRADLE $125.00

DMC EXHAUST WITH SPARK ARRESTER $230.00

SCOTTS CHAIN GUIDE $40.00

CALL TOLL FREE 866-782-4600/818-782-4600

THANKS MARK

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.