Raised my fork tubes 3/16", is that too much?

3 replies to this topic
  • JeffWR

Posted July 28, 2005 - 06:00 AM

The 3/16" is measured from the top of the triple clamp to the top of the fork tube just under the fork cap bottom edge. I want quicker steering and easier turn in. I am not that worried about high speed stability.
Thanks, Jeff

• byggd

Posted July 28, 2005 - 06:22 AM

When I had my 450 I raised them 10mm which is about twice what you raised them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ETP

Posted July 28, 2005 - 06:59 AM

Don't know about your 05, but my 03 has a scribe mark on the fork tube thats suppose to be the max raise limit. If you go too far up, the tire will bottom out under the fender in a G out.

• JeffWR

Posted July 28, 2005 - 07:37 AM

Thanks for the info. Yeah I heard about this mark but I don't see it. Where would it be? I know the '05's have slightly larger tubes. There is a turned down section which may dictate the max. I am only 1/32" from that.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.