13T Front Sprocket

7 replies to this topic
  • dangermouse007

Posted July 28, 2005 - 03:49 AM

Ok Guys..

Whos using a 13T front Sprocket on there 450.. currently running 14/47 (helps so i can keep 1 chain for both SM/MX), but want to get a little more accelaration when on the Track...

• Bamster

Posted July 28, 2005 - 04:39 AM

I use a 13 tooth front and a 50 or 51 tooth rear on my WR 400 when things are really tight, which is most of the time. When the trails are a little more open I switch to a 14 tooth front. If I was going to a track I would use the 14, If I don't first gear would be totally useless. A 13/47 should be the same as a 14/51. Try it and see if it works for you.
Front sprockets are cheap. You can always use it when you trail ride becouse I bet the
14/47 isn't cutting it offroad.

• StreetbikePimp

Posted July 28, 2005 - 05:44 AM

I would recommend the 14/51 set-up. Alot less wear on your chain and sprockets that way. I used a 13T Renthal one time, and in 6-months, it was wrecked.

I'm not sure if you could use the same chain when you switch from the 47T to the 51T.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted July 28, 2005 - 05:40 PM

I dropped to a 13T front and kept stock rear. That has been the single best mod I have made for trail riding. It is unbelievable how much easier it is to ride. I can idle thru rough areas and hardly ever stall the bike. After one ride, my brother and my other riding buddy came home and put one on there bikes too. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • new2blu

Posted July 28, 2005 - 06:44 PM

I also run a 13T front sprocket and it really helps to keep from stalling/clutching too much in the tight rocky stuff.

• Johnny34

Posted July 28, 2005 - 07:13 PM

I also run a 13T front sprocket and it really helps to keep from stalling/clutching too much in the tight rocky stuff.

Same here, 13/50 for the low end tractor factor.

• Anthony CRF450

Posted July 28, 2005 - 07:43 PM

i did it too and it was the cheapest mod and best thing i have touched. my new wr450 does not need to go 140kms/hr top so it makes sence it now tops around 110kms/hr and only cost $14Aus the stock chain was fine. you need a 27mm socket to get the sprocket off! :applause:

• ISBB

Posted July 28, 2005 - 07:45 PM

i run 14/50 in the dunes... thats just me though..

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.