Is the head pipe supposed to glow??

12 replies to this topic
  • My426Hauls

Posted July 27, 2005 - 06:58 PM

Hello, today i washed my bike and it was just getting dark out and after i was done washing it i usualy start it up to make sure that all the water is gone out of any important places in the motor. So i started it up and after it warmed up i looked down and seen that my head pipe was glowing right at the motor??? Is this bad or normal :applause:
Thanks

• ride yzf all the way

Posted July 27, 2005 - 07:10 PM

yeah its normal i was worried to the first time its normal on al of the 450 and since your pipe is titanium its defintly going to do it i even asked my dealer

• Blue Rocket

Posted July 27, 2005 - 07:10 PM

Normal. :applause:

• Code

Posted July 27, 2005 - 11:12 PM

Shes alive Jim! All systems Normal!

• ovrrdrive

Posted July 28, 2005 - 01:16 AM

Have a question? Use our Search feature (top right) before asking. Our archives are huge and most likely it's already been discussed at length.

:applause:

• Slowmotion426

Posted July 28, 2005 - 01:42 AM

I used mine to light bottle rockets off of on the 4th.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted July 28, 2005 - 08:13 PM

You Bet...perfectly normal :applause:

• davepunc

Posted July 28, 2005 - 09:13 PM

well guess who's starting his 450 up tonight? I really want to see it glowing..

• TimFurryBalls

Posted July 28, 2005 - 09:23 PM

Not normal! Shut her off right away and sell it as soon as possible to the person standing nearest to you. . . :applause:

• Blue Rocket

Posted July 29, 2005 - 11:21 PM

Not normal! Shut her off right away and sell it as soon as possible to the person standing nearest to you. . . :D

I'm pretty dumb sometimes when it comes to sarcasm over the internet but that's what i'm taking this to be. :D

• biznet1

Posted July 30, 2005 - 05:30 AM

Didn't you know? That is the bike's, "I need to be ridin now" indicator light!

• mxaction

Posted July 30, 2005 - 10:21 AM

I'm guessing its normal on my '04 250F as well? Happend a few nights ago on the stand.

• Blue Rocket

Posted July 30, 2005 - 05:10 PM

I'm guessing its normal on my '04 250F as well? Happend a few nights ago on the stand.

Yes, perfectly normal. Headers these days are quite thin compared to the old ones they used to use. Next time you have some friends over, freak them out by telling them she's about to blow. :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.