Wr450 vs CRF450x

8 replies to this topic
  • arizonachef

Posted July 27, 2005 - 03:50 PM

I know stupid question especially in a yamaha forum. Has any one in here owned both of these bikes to compare them. I am kinda new to offroad riding. Meaning i rode in the dirt in the past but like 6 times a year. Now i am retiring from roadracing and juat moved back to arizona where there is a lot of dirt. I dont know what to buy. All i see and hear about hondas is the valves are no good. I want to ride offroad mostly and go to the track sometimes. God someone needs to make my mind up for me i am confused one day i want a honda the next a yamaha. help me please.

• SkyRaider

Posted July 27, 2005 - 04:49 PM

Here's a good comparison: WR450 vs. CRF450X

• ddialogue

Posted July 27, 2005 - 05:46 PM

Here's a good comparison: WR450 vs. CRF450X

Good article. :eek: I love where in the CRF video the test rider hits the snow and goes over the bars... :applause:

• arizonachef

Posted July 27, 2005 - 06:01 PM

thanks for the info good article but damn they like both well i guess i just have to flip a coin huh. sounds like both bikes are great

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Texas4play

Posted July 27, 2005 - 06:36 PM

Both bikes ARE great. I've ridden both, own a WR and I honestly prefer WR. It's a matter of personal preference. Majority of reviews have favored the WR as best overall enduro. Unfortunately, it's YOUR bike and you'll decide on whats best for you.

• timvv51

Posted July 27, 2005 - 06:59 PM

The article didn't mention Hondas valve problems but I dont know of anyone that has had valve problems on a 450x and they did say something about weak starters on the previous years 250x. Yamaha has a pretty good starter on the 04 and 05 but they had a stinker of a starter on the 03. I am up for a new bike in 06 and am leaning toward another WR but taking peeks at the Pumpkins. It is great to have 3 good choices.

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 28, 2005 - 01:41 AM

I would buy in this order first: Blue, Orange, Red, Yellow. :applause:

• N7SLC

Posted July 28, 2005 - 04:56 AM

I would buy in this order first: Blue, Orange, Red, Yellow. :eek:

If rumors of a RMZ450X are true, you may have to bump yellow up on the
list there Indy... :applause:

• jwriott

Posted July 28, 2005 - 06:36 AM

If rumors of a RMZ450X are true, you may have to bump yellow up on the
list there Indy... :eek:

No we don't Dan. :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.