Any Special Qwarks

6 replies to this topic
  • ISBB

Posted July 26, 2005 - 05:45 PM

Anythign special i should look out for when completely dissasembling my bike? i know some of you have good tips and tricks to dissasembling stuff.. any info would be great.. im looking to get it completely torn apart this weekend then off to the Powder Coater next week.. :applause:

Also lookin for a good motor builder?? on the west coast? any suggestions.

• firezwr426

Posted July 26, 2005 - 06:50 PM

do yourself a favor and go to the store and buy a box of ziplock bags and a sharpie (if you dont already have them), and dont be afraid to put all of your bolts and parts in litterally hundereds of well labeld baggys... some times you can go as far as drawing a little diagram or such on the bags so you know what what order things go together and such... it will eliminate alot of confusion and help things go back together faster....
good luck.. :applause:
by the way what color are you going with?

• ISBB

Posted July 26, 2005 - 07:12 PM

Black.. :applause:

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted July 26, 2005 - 09:56 PM

If you have a girl or family around, don't let them any where near ANYTHING!!!

My good friend had his two stroke pulled to pieces and his girlfriend decided to have
a little clean up. Not good.

As firezwr426 said, baggy's are a great idea. Black looks awesome too!

• ISBB

Posted July 27, 2005 - 12:42 PM

Any tricks to pulling anything apart... i hear about these front motor mounts that like to sieze... and i thought i read something about taking the rear shock off something to watch out for.. not too sure... but thx for the tips fellas.. :applause:

I should hopefully get it dissasembled this weekend. My samurai on friday and my bike on saturday then next weekend off to powdercoat.. :eek:

• ISBB

Posted July 28, 2005 - 07:42 PM

Also had a question... Do new tanks come w/ petcocks or do you re-use the one in your current tank.. and im also going to assume they dont come w/ gas caps either right?

• mjskier

Posted July 28, 2005 - 08:27 PM

Also had a question... Do new tanks come w/ petcocks or do you re-use the one in your current tank.. and im also going to assume they dont come w/ gas caps either right?

It might depend on the brand, but when I bought my IMS it came with the cap, but no petcock and no mounting brakets.

bruno.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.