A few new toys

8 replies to this topic
  • ISBB

Posted July 26, 2005 - 01:29 PM

Just got me a set of these
Vent hoses

And rockymountain had a special on a few tusk products so i picked up a new gas cap vent hose.

a inline fuel filter and one of those things that protects your forks when you strap your bike down... Todays bill 25 bucks yesterdays 15.. :applause: not bad..

What do you guys think about these vent hose kits.. and or the tusk products?

• drewpeacock

Posted July 26, 2005 - 04:30 PM

I've been looking at the gas cap vent tube but I'm afraid it would just fall off during a ride and then the dust and crap would end up in my fuel tank. Let us know if it stays on after a few rides. As far as the colored vent hoses goes. :applause: :eek: :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 27, 2005 - 05:33 AM

I blew 2 of the tusk vent caps off of my bike. Evertime you crash the pressure in the tank blows it 3 miles into the woods! I am back on the stock hose going to the steering tube. :applause:

• Conan_'dale

Posted July 27, 2005 - 07:02 AM

I blew 2 of the tusk vent caps off of my bike. Evertime you crash the pressure in the tank blows it 3 miles into the woods! I am back on the stock hose going to the steering tube. :applause:

Diddo that one Indy... Lost mine Sunday :eek:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ISBB

Posted July 27, 2005 - 12:39 PM

well if i do loose it its not like it was a huge loss... it was only a buck and change anyhow..

• drewpeacock

Posted July 29, 2005 - 05:18 PM

I blew 2 of the tusk vent caps off of my bike. Evertime you crash the pressure in the tank blows it 3 miles into the woods! I am back on the stock hose going to the steering tube. :D

Diddo that one Indy... Lost mine Sunday :D

That sucks guys, but thank you for letting us know they don't stay on well.

• clark4131

Posted July 29, 2005 - 06:13 PM

Evertime you crash the pressure in the tank blows it 3 miles into the woods!

Duh! Stop crashing, problem solved :D

But seriously, I put a short hose/valve on my tank and was having problems, so I said "screw it" and crazy glued the thing onto the little cap nipple. No matter how hard I biff it, that little bastard won't budge. When in doubt, jury rig the SOB :D ...SC

• ISBB

Posted August 01, 2005 - 04:36 PM

i was thinkin the same thing... superglue.. :D

• RB2

Posted August 01, 2005 - 06:56 PM

I've had a short vent hose on for 3 months and haven't had a problem. I have one by Sunline.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.