what would you pay?

10 replies to this topic
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted July 26, 2005 - 09:32 AM

what would you guys pay for a 1998 xr650l with 7500 miles in immaculate condition with the folowing upgrades: yoshi full exhaust system, 4 gallon clarke tank, protaper bars, scott grips, acerbis bark busters, new turn signals (aluminum ones in the rear and plastic ones mounted to the bark busters), hot cam, ufo headlight, black front fender, air pump removed, seat gripper, and new tires.

the pictures do not have the black fender and clarke tank.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• babbs

Posted July 26, 2005 - 10:11 AM

I wouldn't pay more than $2600. Don't let the add on's fool you, you could get that bike without the add on's for around 2100.

How much is he asking for it?

• onaXR

Posted July 26, 2005 - 02:29 PM

I dont have all the mods but I bought a 2000 model with clark tank and 2 in lowering kit white brother/eibach, new tires and only 2000miles for 3000$ this summer.

• justicedone

Posted July 26, 2005 - 02:36 PM

I would think $2500-2800 would be ballpark. I paid $4,000 for my bike when it was a year old and only had 600mi. So if you look around you may get a better deal. Mine was bone stock and not a scratch, thats the bike I wanted. Do the work yourself, you know what your really getting into.

But... the bike looks very nice and just bargain the dude down with cash in hand.

Good luck !

• justicedone

Posted July 26, 2005 - 02:40 PM

BTW, I would put the elephant ears back on if i bought it to get more airflow into engine area. Honda designed them for a reason. Or go with a Clarke/IMS tank that emulates their shape, directing more airflow into the head...cooling is a major concern.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • captb

Posted July 26, 2005 - 06:21 PM

Looks decent, I would maybe stretch to 2500 if everything is really nice, and these were mods you wanted, don't forget to give the wheels a spin, last one I looked at needed rims and spokes to ride nice on the road. (wobbles)

• mackmack

Posted July 26, 2005 - 06:36 PM

in KY it would sit for sale for months at $1800

• Roll_it_on

Posted July 26, 2005 - 06:51 PM

What did you pay....... :eek: You guys that live in the mid west and east coast don't pay much for bikes. Us guys in California pay out the nose however we ride all year round too :applause:

• justicedone

Posted July 26, 2005 - 06:51 PM

in KY it would sit for sale for months at $1800

Thats because them hunting rednecks dont ride dirtbike... whopperjaw... doodads.

J/k

:applause:

• BigBoreRacing

Posted July 27, 2005 - 11:10 PM

Sweet looking pig but unfortunately its only worth about $2k ish even with all the add ons. Thats the problem with adding a bunch of stuff to try to sell a bike....people (at least most) look at the bike not the bells and whistles.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted July 29, 2005 - 08:43 AM

i paid 2000 for it....looks like i got an ok deal....kelly blue book says she is worth 1800 trade in with about 30000 miles on her.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.