Rekluse Z

9 replies to this topic
  • jaggley

Posted July 25, 2005 - 06:41 PM

I just ordered a Rekluse Z from Rockymountain for my 04 WR450 and should get it friday. :)

How do I install it? :applause: :eek:

• clark4131

Posted July 25, 2005 - 07:22 PM

I think a good place to start would be the directions that come with it. Or, you might try the website or give Rekluse a phone call. Or, you can just take off your clutch cover and just dump in the parts and hope they magically find their way to the proper spot. C'mon bud, was this question really needing to be asked in this way? Haven't you seen the new announcement at the top of every posting page? Try the search feature next time...SC

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted July 25, 2005 - 08:20 PM

Yeah man, just follow the directions. They are awesome. We did my buddies in about an hour, and we are retards. Congrats on the purchase, you will love it. Good luck. :applause:

• flatnacker

Posted July 25, 2005 - 08:24 PM

Been wondering about the auto clutch, so to change gears do you justhave to back off the power? Do you ever need to use the clutch? Sounds like a postie bike!!!

• Dirty_Sanchez

Posted July 26, 2005 - 03:22 AM

Most of us strongly recommend you read the instructions.

Read the entire set of instructions 10 times to completely familiarize yourself with the procedure, so you'll know what you're getting into, and jump right in..the water's fine.

Just pay attention to your installed gap (You'll learn about it once you read the INSTRUCTIONS), and the torque of those little torx machine screws, and you'll be just fine.

You're going to love it.

Dirty

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted July 26, 2005 - 04:30 AM

1) You should have bought it here on TT :eek:

2) You can go to the rekluse.com and print off the install instructions :applause:

• StreetbikePimp

Posted July 26, 2005 - 07:05 AM

Read the instructions. IMO, There better then anything your going to find here, and that's coming from a guy with an engineering background.

The only thing that I would add to the instructions is that when you go do disassembly the lower assembly from the pressure plate, make a reference mark for aligning the tabs of the lower assembly into the holes on the pressure plate. When I installed my Rekluse, the two parts only lined up one way.

• byggd

Posted July 26, 2005 - 12:06 PM

Been wondering about the auto clutch, so to change gears do you justhave to back off the power? Do you ever need to use the clutch? Sounds like a postie bike!!!

You wont think that when the guy next to you starts out in second gear, pins the throttle and smokes your butt into the first turn!! :applause:

• arizonachef

Posted July 27, 2005 - 03:32 PM

yeah me too what does the clutch do. basiclly it turns your bike into an auto clutch is this correct.

• byggd

Posted July 28, 2005 - 06:36 AM

Here is a link to the Rekluse FAQ. It should answer all of your questions. If not do a search here on TT and you will find 99% good remarks :applause:
Rekluse FAQ

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.