Trail tech....Awsome people to deal with.

6 replies to this topic
  • eba_eba

Posted July 25, 2005 - 01:36 PM

So i was installing my trail thing ledt to another and had to push the bike out of the way for a second.....look down and the wire for the magnet pick up got caught in the wheel.....

I e-mail trail tech to see if i can solder it...they said you can but might be best if we send you a new unit under warranty.....WOW

Talk about great customer support 10 out of 10

• BlueRide

Posted July 25, 2005 - 01:51 PM

Wow, that is nice. I wish they had been that nice when the main bolt of my 2 ride old kick stand sheared off.... its a .10 cent bolt, hey told me to mail them the whole kickstand. I told them no thanks and had to make my own.
Now the spring on the stand is floppy after just 4 months ( I DO NOT park my bike on it in my garage between rides) and Trail Tech, again wants the whole stand... sigh. Shoulda bought a PMB. I will agree they are friendly.

• eba_eba

Posted July 25, 2005 - 02:40 PM

i'm sure they would of sent you a brand new one

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RADRick

Posted July 25, 2005 - 04:54 PM

Just so you know, there's nothing mysterious about the TrailTech cable. It's a simple 2 conductor wire encased in plastic. I shortened mine when I switched to a CR-style brake line. A little solder and some shrink tube was all I needed.

• moto2000

Posted July 25, 2005 - 05:50 PM

Here's another thumbs up to Trail Tech! :applause:

I recently broke the pivot plate on my kickstand and all I had to do was e-mail them some pics of it. They had a new one on my doorstep in a couple questions asked! :eek:

• spy

Posted July 26, 2005 - 06:23 AM

Wow thats cool. While you guys are talking about customer support, i guess i will add my experience with Progrip.
I have a pair of progrip goggles that i used for quite some time then the sponge started coming off. I emailed progrip directly asking if they sold replacement sponge for my goggles. They asked for my address and sent me a new pair of goggles. And thats direct from italy via registered mail mind you.

• grayracer513

Posted July 26, 2005 - 07:48 AM

Companies that take care of their customers deserve the recognition for it. It isn't as common in business as it should be.

Doug Dubach at Dr.D is another one. :applause: :eek:

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.