Stabilizers

10 replies to this topic
  • Yamahan

Posted July 24, 2005 - 06:47 PM

Hey Guys,

'05 WR450F. I want to do away with handlebar shake when doing over 100kmph on asphalt roads. (on the way to the bush rides)

Any idea on fairly priced stabilizers?

Thx

• WheelsUp

Posted July 24, 2005 - 07:27 PM

Cheapest and least obtrusive would be the WER... Works Enduro Rider.
It mounts to the bottom of the lower clamp and is a little over $300.
The frame-mounted part is available in either rivet-on or weld-on.

Plusses: Out of the way, doesn't pose a hazard to your face (or nads) in a crash, no "return to center" damping (like the Scott's).

Cons: Can't adjust it on the fly... you have to stop and get off to adjust it.

• Iluv2fly

Posted July 24, 2005 - 07:34 PM

I put a GPR 2.0 on my KTM and I love it. Worth every cent!

• MattyH

Posted July 25, 2005 - 03:56 AM

putting a bit more of your bodyweight more forward on the bike could also solve the shake prob by making the front fork work a bit more into its stroke. and its a free fix

• gregwr450f

Posted July 25, 2005 - 04:40 AM

I moved my forks up to the first line (about 5mm) and that got rid of any wobble and shake.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JTWR450

Posted July 25, 2005 - 11:27 AM

I put a Scotts with a BRP top triple clamp. I will NEVER ride ai bike without one. Not the cheapest thing to do but worth it.

• Dodjy

Posted July 25, 2005 - 06:51 PM

Just sit towards the back of the seat. This puts more rake on the forks for stability. Can also adjust the fork dampening by reducing rebound and or increasing compression. Or can slide the forks down in the tripple clamps to make them longer.

• flatnacker

Posted July 25, 2005 - 08:21 PM

Well Ive just booked a brand new Scotts kit whoo hoo!!! Stung me though-$573 USD from a local dealer as opposed to $515 delivered direct from Scotts, but he threw in a few extras so Im happy. I was going to buy from a guy on here or Ebay second hand but it got all to hard so I went for the easier (but more expensive) option. Ahh well what goods money to ya if your dead huh!! :applause:

• flatnacker

Posted July 26, 2005 - 02:41 PM

Arggggghhh I have just found out that to use my pro tapers Im going to have to get a scotts triple clamp??!!?!?!?!? What a load of B.S!!!! Surely they could just supply an extended link arm??

• bg10459

Posted July 26, 2005 - 04:18 PM

I think you could get away with any aftermarket top clamp. I was told the stock WR clamp would need to be modified. I could be wrong about all this as I don't have a damper yet. I'd like to find out for sure myself, because I'll be getting one in the near future

• WheelsUp

Posted July 29, 2005 - 08:48 PM

An extended link arm would be too flexible to allow the stabilizer to work properly. Ya, you should be able to make an aftermarket clamp work, the whole issue is that it won't work with bar risers.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.