CA. and street legal XRr

4 replies to this topic
  • LVF

Posted July 23, 2005 - 01:54 PM


I am not sure about the new laws regarding st legal conversions.
whats the skinny on getting plates for a new xr in CA?

  • irondude

Posted July 23, 2005 - 02:40 PM


very very very difficult.
try the baja designs website or joeracer website - they both seem to keep up to date with the latest....

people do it--but its not easy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • justicedone

Posted July 23, 2005 - 10:44 PM


Seems most these days are doing the Arizone' DMV route..

But I got a lowly L model....he he

I just pay my reg' and cheap insurance...gas up and ride. If your serious about a lot of street riding may consider an L, I know the R crowd...and they wont agree most likely. But what you buy really depends on your needs and riding styles...its a trade off either way you go.

  • LVF

Posted July 24, 2005 - 09:48 AM


whats the deal with that? I can go to Nevada or Arizona buy the r, baja kit it and then re-register it in ca?

  • cholwerk

Posted July 24, 2005 - 07:23 PM


The legal (insert any bike you want here) is totally possible in Ca. KX250, no problem. CR500, sure. But it helps if you know a CHP officer, preferably not the one who caught you last week.

Related Content


ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.