My new baby.

10 replies to this topic
  • MisterMan

Posted July 23, 2005 - 12:10 PM

Got it last night, rode it today, damn this thing is fast, a huge step from a 230f. (its a 2002 yz426f)

(# plate and face pillow is off due to me working on it.)

Posted Image

• BeauGt

Posted July 23, 2005 - 12:15 PM

Yeah they are way fast "gotta love the thump" :applause:

• johnmeasures

Posted July 23, 2005 - 02:53 PM

It looks great.

• 2001YZF426Rider

Posted July 23, 2005 - 03:18 PM

You will love it man! Great bike!

• MisterMan

Posted July 23, 2005 - 08:20 PM

yeah, took it out today, it has 2 prev owners *3 if ya count a dealership trade in** the guy put 5 tanks of gas through it, scared him shitless......put it away, got it out, set it up for sand (he has a sand rail(s)) found out that sand was even harder, scared himself again, stored it for 3 months, had another kid and had to sell it to pay the bills. I gave $3,300 usd and it has rad. gaurds, 2007 green sticker ready to be installed, paddle, set up for a whip flag (dunes) got renthal bars, graphics kit /w/ seat cover...exc exc.

This bike was ran so little it still has the nipples on the edges of the front tire (partly on the rear) and nubs in the center of the tire.....

this bike starts first kick hot or cold as long as you follow the procedure.(sp?)

COULDENT BE HAPPIER, ALTHO I AM GOING TO ADD A TOOTH TO THE REAR TO SLOW THAT HUGE FIRST.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • johnmeasures

Posted July 24, 2005 - 12:43 PM

paddle, set up for a whip flag (dunes)

What are paddle & whip flag?
Thanks

• 2001YZF426Rider

Posted July 24, 2005 - 12:57 PM

Paddle tire for sand traction and flag that goes way above you for vision, required in the dunes..

Probably stock chain on there, junk that pos and get a good new one.

• NAFLASH

Posted July 24, 2005 - 02:35 PM

if i were u i would get a diff pipe that Q thing plugs the shit out of that motor, i had one on my bike and put the stocker back on when i bought it and holy shit it opened up.

• MisterMan

Posted July 24, 2005 - 03:15 PM

if i were u i would get a diff pipe that Q thing plugs the shit out of that motor, i had one on my bike and put the stocker back on when i bought it and holy shit it opened up.

well, two problems, the guy I bought it from no longer had the stocker, and the ohv area where I like to ride has a srtict db limit.....maybe for the track....if I ever go to a real one. :eek: :applause:

• phat_450f

Posted July 24, 2005 - 09:57 PM

very nice...

• Smiticus

Posted July 24, 2005 - 10:28 PM

I left a steamin' pile on my seat my first ride. :eek: There's nothing like roostin' my buds. Like the graphics. :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

• Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

• Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.