Tool bag

3 replies to this topic
  • hart

Posted March 09, 2001 - 09:52 AM

Has anyone put a bag on the rear fender of their WR. It looks like there is a flat spot there for a bag just like a XR. If so where are you getting the bag from??

• JP

Posted March 09, 2001 - 10:42 PM

I have one on mine, forgot the name but a major brand. Had to drill three holes in the fender, works great has a hold down strap inside.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 09, 2001 - 10:48 PM

Yamaha makes a tool bag that rivets to the rear fender. My dealer was able to show me a picture in a catalog he had and I ordered it though them.

• Mark_M

Posted March 09, 2001 - 11:20 AM

I got a great looking waterproof "nylon codura" bag at walmart for $4.00 It is blue and matched the bike really well, it was a camera type bag and is the perfect size to fit the fender - not too big or bulky. I carry all my tools in it and also a small bicycle sized can of flat fixer... I heated a nail with a torch until it was really hot then burned 4 holes in the bottom of the tool pouch. This keeps the nylon material from unravelling. Then I got stainless steel 1/4 bolts (nylon instert locking type nuts) and big stainless steel flat washers to attach to fender. I am very happy with its function and appearance. I don't have to wear fanny pack anymore, just the new tool pouch and pockets of a Malcolm Smith ISDE enduro jacket.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.