Anyone tried a GYT-R pipe?

5 replies to this topic
  • RC81

Posted July 23, 2005 - 12:00 AM

If so what was your opinion of it? Thinking of one for my 05. Thanks.

• outlw

Posted July 23, 2005 - 04:52 AM

I have it on the 2004 WR450 and it sounds awesome... You gotta get one.. Fit and finish was great.

• waterdog3

Posted July 23, 2005 - 12:20 PM

I am running a full GYT-R race exhaust. on a scale from 1-10 i would rate it a 7.0.....from what dyno test i have seen the "Dr. D." seems to be Superior to the other pipes. I know he use to be a factory rider years ago and i think he still has a lot to do with the racing development department. The man knows Yamaha's.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rtrolli69

Posted July 24, 2005 - 09:25 PM

I bought the DR D I did alot of reading & research before I bought a pipe..??I got the DR D. and highly recommend it!!Bolt on pwr which all of us love..A little cash$$ but cheaper than most other pipes.Bolts up perfect in 10 minutes.I bought the SA model which means spark arrestor.I also bought the full system, now I would just buy the silencer because the head pipe stock is Titanium.Also I didnt buy a Gromett kit or bolt kit..One web site said you needed it for the WR but the other site didnt.Just use your stock gromett& bolts Your done in minutes..I took INDYS advice after I put my pipe on I still had the AIS system in place...It will POP in the exhaust on deceleration even with stock pipe. spend the 30$$ get that removal kit it works no more Popping..Read the Dubach Racing history the man has more seat time on the Yamaha 4stroke than anybody,this where it all started guys..

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted July 25, 2005 - 07:48 AM

I have the Carbon GYT-R pipe and I love it. If I could change one thing I would make the quiet cap a little more quiet. The power is awesome and the fit and finish is top notch. I love the sound of the pipe it is real throaty. It is a little loud for public lands however.

• Conan_'dale

Posted July 25, 2005 - 08:23 AM

I was trying to decide on an exhaust system for my WR400. I almost purchased the GYT-R pipe but the cost factor prevailed and I went with a DR. D Pipe. With the JD Jetting kit installed the bike is awesome. I did my first real ride yesterday 30 miles of super technical riding under 85 degree weather and didn't have one issue. I have the full system, for 399.00 it can't be beat period. Really good tones a hair loud but not offensive. I would buy it over and over again. :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.