650R fork dust wipers

10 replies to this topic
  • FJT

Posted July 22, 2005 - 12:13 AM

Hey, all;
Trying to find 46mm rubber dust wipers to replace the accordion boots on my 650; it'll be used on pavement.

Any info will be appreciated!

Thanks,
FJT

• frogman

Posted July 22, 2005 - 12:54 AM

Lookin for the same thing here, the big knobs I run up front keep shreading the stock boots.

• frankstr

Posted July 22, 2005 - 05:08 AM

Why not try seal savers fork skins... :applause:

• TimBrp

Posted July 22, 2005 - 07:26 AM

I tried those Frank. Got a rip in one and it went down the whole saver. I was like damn, I gotta tear the whole front end apart, again. No way, I ziptied the rip and ride on. All in all I'm not happy with the SRC, fork guard/skin setup.

• FJT

Posted July 22, 2005 - 09:59 AM

Yeah, the responses so far are pretty much why I posted the Q in the first place. :applause:

We seek enlightenment!!!

Regards,
FJT

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • irace511

Posted July 22, 2005 - 10:57 AM

Why not try seal savers fork skins... :)

:applause: :eek:

• AzMtnThumper

Posted July 22, 2005 - 11:00 PM

I tried those Frank. Got a rip in one and it went down the whole saver. I was like damn, I gotta tear the whole front end apart, again. No way, I ziptied the rip and ride on. All in all I'm not happy with the SRC, fork guard/skin setup.

Yeah, I've got a tear starting in one of mine too. :applause: Do the seal savers seem more durable??

• frankstr

Posted July 23, 2005 - 07:12 AM

I've had my fork skins on for about a year, No tears yet, I go thru a lot of brush at times, Guess I've been lucky...... :applause:

• irondude

Posted July 23, 2005 - 10:44 AM

why not just go without the boots--if you are only on pavement-it sholdnt be an issue. we've raced the Baja 1000 without boots, so it shouldnt be an issue i would think...

• frogman

Posted July 23, 2005 - 04:55 PM

Just would be nice to have the rubber scrapers on the top to rub off the dirt and keep it looking sano.

• BIG RED

Posted July 24, 2005 - 08:25 PM

if you buy the sliders don't they come with the wipers? i was going to try these to get rid of the 80's boot look. i also heard there is a fork brace kit that comes with these as well.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.