Subframe Help

3 replies to this topic
  • OrangeCoWR450

Posted July 21, 2005 - 08:57 PM

Anyone have any experience with the Park Tool Handlebar and Subframe Straightener? I bent my subframe up pretty good. It's a real expensive OEM replacement cost. I see there are aftermarket ones available for the YZ450 from AC Racing. I hear it is compatible except for the coolant reservoir. Can anyone verify this information?

• hybridz77

Posted November 05, 2005 - 02:55 PM

I second that request, will the yz450 subframe work with the wr450, welding a res. mount takes about 5 min, and the aftermarket subframes for the yz are 250 buck cheaper than Yamaha's aluminum plated gold.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted November 05, 2005 - 06:12 PM

Look on eBay. Subframes are for sale all the time there. I got a YZ Al subframe there for about $70. No need to weld a coolant res boss. I used 3 zip ties on the lower mounting hole wrapped around the frame tube and it works like a charm,

• WildRide

Posted November 05, 2005 - 08:38 PM

I posted a subframe straightening procedure that worked great on my sons YZ250F a couple weeks ago.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.