Smog tube on my 05 WR450?

2 replies to this topic
  • longboz

Posted July 21, 2005 - 05:26 PM

I want to get rig of the smog tube that goes from the head to the air box. I have been told that IT is what make the bike back fire when I get out of the throttle. I know there is a kit out there but I don't know who makes it. Has any one else had this problem and did it fit it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • farkawi

Posted July 21, 2005 - 06:47 PM

Click on the link at the top of this forum titled: Attention 2005 WR450 Owners....The link will get you to the AIS removal kit sold by TT and made by a TT member who is a machinist. You will get 3 plugs and an instruction sheet for installation. The stock jetting is pretty lean even up here at 5,280'. Check out the jetting sticky; also at the top of this forum. Spend a few bucks on jets, or pop for the JD kit and you'll have "everything" Do a search on free mods for the rest.

• longboz

Posted July 21, 2005 - 07:23 PM

thanks, got the pipe and jetting done, this will be the last thing I'll need to do.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.