wr450f with now power

6 replies to this topic
  • dave-29

Posted July 21, 2005 - 02:19 PM

:applause: hi there i've just bought a 2004 wr450f brand new i've just ran it in and took it out to see how much power it had well disapointed is not the word for how i feel i'm from the uk i think its an import but not sure do they put any major restrictions on them ???? mods like the throttle stop do that make that much difference ?

• hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted July 21, 2005 - 02:44 PM

yes big difference search for "free mods"..ull change ur mind once u do them...exhaust mod, grey wire, throttle stop, air box..

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted July 22, 2005 - 06:11 AM

If It has a throttle stop, then you need to remember the carb is only able to open 1/4 to 1/2. So the bike will be extremely weak on power. Shave that throttle stop, its only a small bolt stopping things up........................................

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4StrokeNoSmoke

Posted July 22, 2005 - 07:18 AM

Straight from the dealer the beast within the WR450 is greatly constrained. Start with ordering a YZ450 throttle stop screw Part# 5JG-14591-00-00 and replace the existing one. This is biggest BANG for the buck, and you'll be able to wrap the throttle wide open. It's not the same bike once you pass the 1/2 way mark. If you're really power hunger and have good medical insurance cut the grey wire controlling the timing restrictions. All of the free mods are described in detail under various forums here.

• StreetbikePimp

Posted July 22, 2005 - 07:43 AM

Read up on this link. www.thumperfaq.com The webpage is talking about a WR250F, but all the mods apply to the WR450 as well.

• dave-29

Posted July 22, 2005 - 01:17 PM

thanks for all ur replys i have just taken out my throttle stop and it measures full lenth 37mm with the stem lenth 32mm how long should it be ? also on the exhaust mod how do i do this the links above show a defferent pipe to mine mine as like a stupid looking bendy bit at the end of it

• flatnacker

Posted July 22, 2005 - 05:33 PM

Mate I know exactly how you feel-I thought the same when I bought mine. You NEED to do all the mods ESPECIALLY get a new pipe, the bike is then like night and day, totally different, I couldnt believe how much more power I got out of it once I had jetted it and done the mods. Its drastically restricted and detuned in stock form.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.