Rekluse z-start clutch & brake

12 replies to this topic
  • spiceboy

Posted July 21, 2005 - 04:49 AM

Hi there
Is anybody out there running the full rekluse set up? I mean the semi auto clutch, with the bar mounted rear brake and clutch override lever?

My questions are do you think you need the manual override, is the bar mounted brake lever useful and is it worhwhile retaining the footbrake too?
Do i need the perch adjuster?

I've searched and got some good info' I'd appreciate opinions from long time users as well.

I'd be fitting to an 04 WR450FS

• ncmountainman

Posted July 21, 2005 - 05:42 AM

the clutch override is definately needed as far as i'm concerned,there are times (even with the 450's power) that you need a quick fan of the clutch. starting the bike in gear (especially the yamahas) is much easier. finding neutral with the bike running is dang near to impossible without it. and if stopped on the trail for a few seconds i always pull it in to alleviate extra heat :eek: as far as the brake goes it would take too long to teach this old dog to use that effectively,it would just cause me confusion :applause: if you ride alot of trials type of crap then it might be worth a try :)

• byggd

Posted July 21, 2005 - 06:52 AM

I agree with ncmountainman. There have been a few times that I would have been it trouble without the perch adjuster. Only use I can see for a rear brake is to lock the rear wheel in a right hand turn. :applause:

• jwriott

Posted July 21, 2005 - 07:30 AM

I have the brake for my 300 EXC and have never used it. I'm afraid that if something went wrong, how the hell do you stop the bike? I know you can kill it but in the past, I've trashed a kill switch and then you are SOL.

Plus, like the others said, I like using the clutch to roost out of corners.

• JeffWR

Posted July 21, 2005 - 08:04 AM

I have the full setup. I really love it all. :applause: The bar mounted rear brake lever is great for me, the modulation is better for the woods. I have the dual setup and occasionally stab the rear brake pedal but very little. I tend to move my feet around more now instead of covering the rear brake pedal which I like a whole lot. I am definetly faster through the corners with it. I use the clutch override very little but would still rather have it than not.

P.S. For "MX ONLY" I wouldn't bother with any of it except for starts. The first time you do a second (maybe third) gear start and pin it, you'll understand why some people call it ch***ing. :eek:

• Chas_M

Posted July 21, 2005 - 08:54 AM

I have a RevLoc equipped 525 EXC with the LHRB. I have eliminated the foot brake and manual clutch and do not miss them one bit. If you ride much technical stuff... steep uphills, downhills, switchbacks, etc, I guarantee that you will come to greatly appreciate the left hand operated rear brake. I kept the manual clutch at first but found it to be unnecessarily redundant. I have never had the need to manually fan the clutch with the RevLoc. The engine always starts just fine in gear without the manual override. I put the tranny in neutral to start only with a cold engine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kbryant3399

Posted July 21, 2005 - 01:03 PM

can someone post a pic of the setup with the perch adjuster and the hand rear brake. I have a rekluse but no lever on teh left side and would like to get the perchadjuster but i want to see how complex the new lever would be with bith the clutch and brake

• bfly

Posted July 21, 2005 - 01:21 PM

Posted Image

• byggd

Posted July 21, 2005 - 02:21 PM

Another plus of having the perch adjuster is being able to make adjustments quickly without digging out a wrench plus it clacks pretty hard when down shifting if you don't pull in the clutch and I prefer not to have to rebuild my trans :applause:

• ncmountainman

Posted July 21, 2005 - 02:45 PM

I have a RevLoc equipped 525 EXC with the LHRB. I have eliminated the foot brake and manual clutch and do not miss them one bit. If you ride much technical stuff... steep uphills, downhills, switchbacks, etc, I guarantee that you will come to greatly appreciate the left hand operated rear brake. I kept the manual clutch at first but found it to be unnecessarily redundant. I have never had the need to manually fan the clutch with the RevLoc. The engine always starts just fine in gear without the manual override. I put the tranny in neutral to start only with a cold engine.

the clutch on the yamaha 450's is well known for their 'drag factor' they never really fully disengage,and the rekluse uses the stock plates and basket,thats why it's a good idea for this particular setup. i guess you could go buy a ktm there spiceboy....NOT :applause:

• spiceboy

Posted July 21, 2005 - 11:26 PM

Check this link to the UK importer site for some good pics and details.
kbryant are you thinking that the perch adjuster sits on the handlebars?
it is my understanding that only the rear brake & clutch override levers are bar mountable, the perch adjuster sits down by the clutch on the motor.....i think?
http://www.pro-super...com/z-start.htm

• byggd

Posted July 22, 2005 - 04:34 AM

Here is a link from the rekluse site. Yep yep, up on the perch, thus the name :applause:
http://rekluse.com/

http://rekluse.com/d...ds/perchadj.pdf

• kbryant3399

Posted July 22, 2005 - 12:14 PM

WOW, so i was thinking that the brake/clltuch setup would cost like maybe $150 max...boy was i wrong. the setup is $279 + $59 for the hotstart thing. Is it worth it guys? I have the rekluse now but thats it. Where can i get this cheaper (HINT: does anyone have one they are looking to sell) Peace!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.