Idle/Throttle Problem?

3 replies to this topic
  • Lok47

Posted July 20, 2005 - 10:14 PM

Well, I just installed the throttle slide plate and throttle cable. Everything is in and I'm able to start and ride the 400 now. But, my problem is that when I crack the throttle and get off it, the throttle seems to stick. For instance, it will idle fine until after I rev it. After revving it, it'll still sound as if the throttle is on a little for about 10-15 seconds and then it will go back to idle speed. It sounds as if the throttle is still on a little, so I'm not sure if it's a carb thing I need to fix or just bad throttle cable adjustments. This is my first time doing either, so I really don't know where to begin. Any one have any suggestion or tips? Any tips for adjusting the throttle cables?

• Matty05

Posted July 20, 2005 - 10:29 PM

your idle adjuster (black knob) sounds like it is wound too far in.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flatnacker

Posted July 20, 2005 - 10:32 PM

Yep thats what I reckon-same happened to mine when I first got it.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted July 21, 2005 - 06:02 AM

Did you install the o-ring properly on the back of the slide plate? The smooth part of the o-ring needs to face the plate. You may have some air leaking around the plate.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.