Cold starting question

6 replies to this topic
  • Orangeman64

Posted July 20, 2005 - 08:06 AM

I haven't seen this question on here before so thought I'd ask. Was just wondering if any one else had problems starting thier WR cold with the e-starter. My bike fires every time on 2 or 3 kicks but will absolutely not start cold with the electric starter. Once it's warmed up it will fire every time with the button. Just wondering if it's normal, should I fix something or just leave it be. As easy as it kicks over it's not really that much of a pain. By not starting cold I also mean even in summer. Thanks.

Bill

• hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted July 20, 2005 - 08:32 AM

twist the throttle then let go, then hit the e-start. works everytime for me

• tagger

Posted July 20, 2005 - 09:05 AM

I kick mine when it's cold

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted July 20, 2005 - 12:45 PM

You need to put in a 72 starter & jet 48 pilot jet for cold starting. It lets the e-start work down to 30 degrees. :applause:

• bg10459

Posted July 20, 2005 - 02:08 PM

I bumped my starter jet from a 65 to a 70 and it starts much easier now. No need to twist the throttle anymore. :applause:

• WR_Woody

Posted July 20, 2005 - 08:29 PM

Twist the throttle three times, hit the starter and it goes......

Someone posted in here some time ago about learning the little things about your bike that will make it start the first time......This might be one for you......

• WRNoob

Posted July 20, 2005 - 09:00 PM

I Was told by the dealer not to use the electric leg from cold as it is a little weak and it will crank too slow if the battery is a Little down on amps.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.